Little Things You Love

Flow-Rider

Burner
Welcome to bureaucracy...the fact is that what you think is a community asset is actually a government asset. And (unfortunately) must be managed as such. Which is why you guys can't spend your money and time fixing something - it isn't yours...and there's a policy & implementation process that must be complied with, in accordance to Ministerial guidelines.

It's no wonder we can't save the world.
Just wait a minute, people volunteering to build free trails is worse than parks spending $350 per meter of trail.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Paul Keating gave a speech about Canberra trying to stop the increase in super contribution the other day, he knows Australia is going to have huge problems in the future with people retiring as it is and a lot of the large constructions jobs are funded by it. He also said all the flogs in Canberra are already on 15.4 % and don't want to raise the normal people's contribution to 13% by 20125
Those flogs are not the public service please. No one in the PS thinks it’s fair, but they’re not the ones making the call...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just wait a minute, people volunteering to build free trails is worse than parks spending $350 per meter of trail.
Think it's more about having to formally meet some kind of "build approval" for every piece of work, instead of just going - "Yep, these nominated people are deemed competent to do whatever they feel is required". It's the whole legal minefield of possible injury lawsuits from numpties - the Karens that like to rip out the "Just because it said "Skilled, experienced riders only, full face helmet and body-armour recommended" I want to sue because I grazed my knee when no-one stopped me riding my K-mart step-through rigid city bike down the trail. I'm clearly an experienced rider because I rode 2km on a rail-trail once and the track should be made less dangerous to accomodate more riders safely".

Rather than the "Fuck, that hurt! Probably should've walked that first..." types we have here on RB. :p

Flow-Rider

Burner
Think it's more about having to formally meet some kind of "build approval" for every piece of work, instead of just going - "Yep, these nominated people are deemed competent to do whatever they feel is required". It's the whole legal minefield of possible injury lawsuits from numpties - the Karens that like to rip out the "Just because it said "Skilled, experienced riders only, full face helmet and body-armour recommended" I want to sue because I grazed my knee when no-one stopped me riding my K-mart step-through rigid city bike down the trail. I'm clearly an experienced rider because I rode 2km on a rail-trail once and the track should be made less dangerous to accomodate more riders safely".

Rather than the "Fuck, that hurt! Probably should've walked that first..." types we have here on RB. :p
That's a whole another story, we struggle to get green trails built here, but I feel sorry for the guys at the pro end of the spectrum with nowhere to ride because of the ambulance chasing lawyers.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Paul Keating gave a speech about Canberra trying to stop the increase in super contribution the other day, he knows Australia is going to have huge problems in the future with people retiring as it is and a lot of the large constructions jobs are funded by it. He also said all the flogs in Canberra are already on 15.4 % and don't want to raise the normal people's contribution to 13% by 20125
Paul Keating's vision for super was very different to what we have. 11 years of greed kind of got in the way.

May also be a link to covid and crowd restrictions. Volunteering isn't essential. If it was it would be paid.

Those flogs are not the public service please. No one in the PS thinks it’s fair, but they’re not the ones making the call...
The politicians have the good super.

PJO

in me vL comy
Wow that was quick!
I dropped them at the PO 1:08pm yesterday, hard to believe they are there already. The postal gods were on your side @beeb.
Hope they make you go faster as well.