L'officiel Le Tour 2013 Thread!

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd say Cadel's performance was pretty reasonable, not his best, but OK.

BUt froome did 3rd fastest time in history for that climb. As fast as Armstrong. Calculated at around 6.5w/kg.

No wonder Cuddles lost 4 minutes.

And I'm sure I'll get slammed for it, but Porte's performance is pretty suspicious too.

I think Im giving up watching road cycling.
The performance of all 4 Sky riders who reeled in Quintana is "NOT NORMAL".

Big JD

Wheel size expert
The performance of all 4 Sky riders who reeled in Quintana is "NOT NORMAL".
even after Porte and other Sky riders exploded last night. The fact Quintana and the entire Movistar team could repeat is odd.

So sad that we question and doubt as much as we do, sad indictment of our beautiful sport.

The images of the country side is as always - staggering

Pastavore

Eats Squid
even after Porte and other Sky riders exploded last night. The fact Quintana and the entire Movistar team could repeat is odd.

So sad that we question and doubt as much as we do, sad indictment of our beautiful sport.

The images of the country side is as always - staggering
BJD, it is totally frustrating. I love the sport, I want to cheer for the efforts these guys put in, but then my rational side kicks in and reminds me of the history of the sport. IT is only logical to be suspicious.

But I was totally surprised ( and pleased) by the sky implosion. Not happy about the strength of Movistar. Their leader Valverde has been caught for doping, served his suspension, but has never, ever shown any contrition or apologised.

Great ride by Dan Martin.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
so much for that prediction :p from 2nd to 33rd ouch
Yeah.
Two weeks to go though.
It's a crazy race, and all kinds of stuff can happen.
This time tomorrow Porte could find himself embedded into a horse that strayed onto the course.
That's what I love about the tour. All the unplanned stuff that just happens.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Yeah.
Two weeks to go though.
It's a crazy race, and all kinds of stuff can happen.
This time tomorrow Porte could find himself embedded into a horse that strayed onto the course.
That's what I love about the tour. All the unplanned stuff that just happens.
imagine seeing Ritchie Porte embedded in the rear of a horse with just his legs sticking out- he would be about the size and shape of a well hung horse

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
That is very worrying being in the top 3 with the types of people taking up the top 20, Rasmussen doesn't even make the top 40...

Last edited:

Crunchy_NuT

Likes Bikes
Last night had me on the edge of my seat, I so wanted somebody, anyone, to attack hard and go for broke and really stretch that Froome prick out, instead, he just sat there internally smiling his way to another day closer to victory
for Sky to drop away like that shows they are only human and CAN be beaten, now it just takes a few teams over a few days to wear them down and have another crack at them

those climbing times are suspect as shit, Lance got away with all the secrets for so long, who is the next to get away with it...disappointing that we can't trust a pro athlete anymore, just point the finger and feel frustrated as much as the other riders

one thing is for certain, I want early attacks every stage now so SBS won't show their cooking segment anymore

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last night had me on the edge of my seat, I so wanted somebody, anyone, to attack hard and go for broke and really stretch that Froome prick out, instead, he just sat there internally smiling his way to another day closer to victory
for Sky to drop away like that shows they are only human and CAN be beaten.
Or that they were following orders to do exactly that to reduce suspicion?

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
I'll keep watching the cycling but it makes my blood boil that these riders on the juice (*cough* eg Sky) keep crapping all over what is a great sport. Thankfully we have Essendon to share some of the limelight in the aussie rules states.

0psi

Eats Squid
Refer Lance vs Jan Ullrich
I was watching Cycling's greatest fraud the other night and they played a lot of the Lance vs Ullrich vs Pantani clips and I couldn't help but think those might have been the best days of cycling we've had. Nothing beats the battles those boys had, give 'em all the juice me says.

I wonder what it would do for the image of the sport if peds were legal and regulated? Can't be anyone worse that what it is currently.