L'officiel Le Tour 2013 Thread!

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
I was watching Cycling's greatest fraud the other night and they played a lot of the Lance vs Ullrich vs Pantani clips and I couldn't help but think those might have been the best days of cycling we've had. Nothing beats the battles those boys had, give 'em all the juice me says.

I wonder what it would do for the image of the sport if peds were legal and regulated? Can't be anyone worse that what it is currently.
Probably my favourite stage ever is Armstrong v Pantani on Ventoux in the 200 TDF with classic commentary by Ligget and Sherwin. I'll do some searching and see if I can find Cyclings greatest fraud, sounds good.

Given my level on disillusionment with the sport I've started having thoughts of deregulation which is very unlike me. I still keep coming back to commonse and dismissing those ideas but it's a hopeless situation at the moment with no end in sight.

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
is it just me or does Cav appear to be a pretentious little prat?
I'd say after that finish on stage 10 he's a total arsehole.
edit: what a prick, shaking his head and carrying on as he went over the line because Tom was holding him back.

Last edited:

MTB Wanabe

Likes Dirt
I'd say after that finish on stage 10 he's a total arsehole.
edit: what a prick, shaking his head and carrying on as he went over the line because Tom was holding him back.
Yep, +1 on that front. Vellers cut him off slightly and Cav then takes him out out of frustration. You just have to look at the body language of Cav's bike to see that Cav is full of it and it was a spur of the moment, intentional act. Spoilt winging brat, have to agree with that.

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
Nice one by Cav he stated in the post race interview the road was bearing left in 150m so it was move left or hit the barrier. Knob to the highest degree who needs to put his dummy back in.

RB 24

Likes Dirt
and the annoying little pricks response when he grabbed the reporters recorder..

Such a shame that he can act like that and not be pulled up. Obviously his team doesn't give a hoot about how they are portrayed.

KLabs

Likes Bikes
Technically, Veelers did a bit of a Renshaw by deliberately impeding Cavendish (a little).
So, he should really get the same penalty that Renshaw received in a previous TDF, which is removal from the TDF, but that would be a little tough because Cavendish was so forceful (retaliatory).

Cav should loose his points for that sprint (as a minimum) and be issued with a warning.
It was very lucky that Veelers fall didn't cause anybody else to crash.

Go Aussies in the TT tonight ..
thanks KL :=)

Last edited:

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
and the annoying little pricks response when he grabbed the reporters recorder..

Such a shame that he can act like that and not be pulled up. Obviously his team doesn't give a hoot about how they are portrayed.
I read an interview with the team manager, he said he came back to the team bus yelling about something but he couldnt understand what he was saying, he just leaves him alone for a few hours as usual and then he will apologise for his behaviour, and he really is a lovely guy lol

RB 24

Likes Dirt
I read an interview with the team manager, he said he came back to the team bus yelling about something but he couldnt understand what he was saying, he just leaves him alone for a few hours as usual and then he will apologise for his behaviour, and he really is a lovely guy lol
if the little snot did that at a club meet he would be locking the doors of his car I am tipping. He might end up wearing his cav frame as a cav hat if Marcel catches him in the back room.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Most french accents sound cool and romantic. His makes me want to commit francocide (yes, I just invented a word)

Crunchy_NuT

Likes Bikes
Cav had urine thrown at him during his ITT...again Cav was angry, someone get him some St. John's Wort to calm down

On a sensible note, that is friggen ridiculous by the spectator who chucked it, dirty rotten prick

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And Froomestrong is now not only better than the worlds best climbers but only 11 seconds slower than the World TT Champion.

Amazing :suspicious:

Sic

Likes Dirt
Yeah it seems completely plausible doesnt it?:suspicious:

I cant help but picture Skys team director telling Froome to back off in the last section over the team radio so it looks more believable.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
lol
why can't SBS just show the whole thing? surely it would rate higher than whatever they are showing from 9pm, or Gabriel. FFS I'm not cooking your fish stew!
Man, his meal was looking alright til he dumped all that seafood shit into it. In the end it was only good for burley.

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
That's it, I'm not staying up to watch the tour anymore, Froome is ridiculous.
I'm pissed off as well but I'm going to keep watching to see how ridiculous it gets. We still have the Alps to come and Froome won't be able to contain himself, it could be one for the ages (for all the wrong reasons).