Mont 24 advice

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does an event organiser have the right to refuse service like a retail outlet?

Wouldn't it be interesting if they refunded the money and cancelled the entry of some people they don't want at their events? It would only end in more negative publicity though.

I wonder what the vibe of the rescheduled event will be like now?

Dowlo

Likes Bikes
Well this thread started off well LOL.

I've joined a team and will be going on October....it's my first race so I'm looking forward to it. Just got to do a short list of things to take Inc beer for Sunday ;-)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I rode (part of) The Mont 24hr race course last weekend, some super sweet trails there but the wet conditions made for slow pace and a lot of pedalling.

The end result is me reconsidering whether I'll be able to hold up my end and do 3-4 laps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChopSticks

Banned
2 weeks to go !

anyone pumped?
any changes to the race?

anyone ridden the track and can give a heads up on conditions? terrain? pure xc? trail? rock gardens?

Was thinking of putting on a thunder burt (rear) and a racing ralph up front if it stays hot and dry?

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
2 weeks to go !

anyone pumped?
any changes to the race?

anyone ridden the track and can give a heads up on conditions? terrain? pure xc? trail? rock gardens?

Was thinking of putting on a thunder burt (rear) and a racing ralph up front if it stays hot and dry?
How's your law suit going?

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2 weeks to go !

anyone pumped?
any changes to the race?

If you hadn't pussied out of coming when we drove down a few weeks back you'd know that it's pure XC without any rock gardens or any difficult features.

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
I don't bother changing tyres for conditions......
I run what I usually see as the most popular combo at most XC races; Ardent race on the front, Ikon on the rear - both in 2.2.

Agostino

Likes Dirt
Have a look at the forecast for the weekend ............. :pop2:
I'd probably leave what you have on HD/NN or go RR/TB if your game enough. NN/RR would probably be your safest option to be honest would suit all weather conditions even if it gets a bit sloppy.
Plan on doing a lap on the friday so maybe after the lap then decide.

ChopSticks

Banned
I'd probably leave what you have on HD/NN or go RR/TB if your game enough. NN/RR would probably be your safest option to be honest would suit all weather conditions even if it gets a bit sloppy.
Plan on doing a lap on the friday so maybe after the lap then decide.
Yehhh.... Already packed a RaRa. So should have all based covered.
forecast has gotten worst since yesterday.... Hopefully it's nothing like April

Ackland

chats d'élevage
RoRo/RaRa with option to go RoRo/Burt would be the fasterer option.... Burts can cope with a lot of moisture

spurr

Likes Bikes
Can't wait for the fun to start. In a team of 4 and it's the first 24hr event for all of us, first race for some and first night ride ever for one... expect to see us propping up the bottom of the leader board :third:

Bit of a n00b question - I'll have a Garmin 510 along for the ride, is there a way to shut the thing off between laps (to make the battery last) and still have it save my laps as a single ride, or do I have to record each lap separately?