Mountain Bikes Direct Bike Of The Month - October

Which is your pick for Mountain Bikes Direct Bike Of The Month for October?

• Craftworks

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • 5010 v2

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • RM Slayer

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Turner Czar

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Orbea

Votes: 7 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Congrats Phil.

Awkward that the poll results on the front page of the thread now show a different outcome ... maybe the poll should be formally closed before the winner is announced so that post-announcement votes don’t show ?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Congrats Phil.

Awkward that the poll results on the front page of the thread now show a different outcome ... maybe the poll should be formally closed before the winner is announced so that post-announcement votes don’t show ?
Might be some funny shit going on with the forum software, 'cos I had the poll settings so it should cut off after seven days after posting; I posted the thread last Friday (2-11), so it should have automagically stopped taking votes this Friday just gone. I took the result as of Friday night, by which point it should not have been possible for more votes to be submitted. I also - or so I thought - had the settings so voting progress wasn't publicly visible, but somehow that didn't happen either. Anyway, we expected a few bugs as we got the thing up & running, but we'll smooth things out with the next rounds..... :)

Also on beebs, but good to see an XC weapon take the win considering they seem to be a rare breed.
Dunno about "rare", but certainly not the current trend, and to be honest that's a fair whack of why I put it in the list - diversity, because all mountain biking is awesome. :) Plus it's a bloody sweet bike, even if its wheels are too big...... :p

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Overall, I think having the competition is going to bring a new level to the pyr threads. I'm looking forward to seeing more detailed and interesting builds!
That's part of the idea that was thrown at (oh sorry, I mean presented to) me, but a lot of it is to just bring some more traffic to this section of the forum and show off what everyone is riding. It's absolutely not just about new bike builds, although they will play a substantial part; as I said earlier in the thread, we want to see older, well-travelled bikes as well, and a blurb of why the thing is so awesome as well. MTB is a big, diverse umbrella of awesomeness, from XC to DH and all the little graduations in between, and we want PYR and by extension BotM to reflect that. :)

We're still kind of making this up as we go along, but the basic rules for eligibility are that the thread must be started in the month that's being awarded.... I'm not going to dig through the entire history of PYR to see if a bike has been posted before way back whenever, but obvious repostings of things passed over since the re-inception of BotM will be ignored, and secondly the bike must be complete and rideable (and preferably ridden to prove its awesomeness) by the end of the same month. :)

safreek

It's absolutely not just about new bike builds, although they will play a substantial part; as I said earlier in the thread, we want to see older, well-travelled bikes as well, and a blurb of why the thing is so awesome :)
Sweet, looking forward to people's retro builds.
Let's see if someone has an mcm dually to put up, giant and all

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Onya @slider_phil ! Well deserved win, I'll get in touch about your prize soon. ;)
Big thanks to @The Duckmeister too, bloody good job on the return of Bike of the Month. We have a few things we'll refine but all in all, the buzz is back and we look forward to our members sharing their bike and the story in Post your ride. ;)

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Still some Weird Shit going on with the poll settings..... Somehow the arse-end of the forum system has determined that closing the poll "seven days" after posting apparently really means "seventeen days", because the fine print says it will close on the 19th of this month, when it was supposed to have ended on the 9th. Any votes submitted after the declaration of the winner are invalid and ignored. The poll is closed, even if it doesn't think it is.

teK--

Eats Squid
Still some Weird Shit going on with the poll settings..... Somehow the arse-end of the forum system has determined that closing the poll "seven days" after posting apparently really means "seventeen days", because the fine print says it will close on the 19th of this month, when it was supposed to have ended on the 9th. Any votes submitted after the declaration of the winner are invalid and ignored. The poll is closed, even if it doesn't think it is.
I can't wait for government elections to go electronic haha .