MTB shoes

I prefer the following characteristics in an MTB shoe

• When clipped I want max stiffness for power transmission and improved platform on the pedals

• When clipped I want more stiffness then a flat shoe, but I’m not a roadie.

• When on flats I prefer stiffness to grip, but grip is still important. Walking is for whimps

• When on Flats I prefer max grip, but prefer to be able to walk when not pedalling.

• When on Flats I want max grip and moderate stiffness. Goldilocks

• I don’t wear shoes, the leather soles of my feet grip nice

Results are only viewable after voting.

pink poodle

Our man isn't in the West
Yeah the Google clickbait shit includes ebay, CRC , Wiggle , MBDirect, its such a blatant time waster.
Not sure how many get sucked in but makes me more determined .
The wiggle/crc trick that shits me is when I search for a specific it (say a sram shifter) and I get a link to their site and a good price, quickly forgetting the SRAM geoblock I follow the link and of course it just takes me to their home page advertising sales. Oh and I also hate that they continue to list/advertise sold or items...often even many years after the item has ceased to be available. Fuck those arseholes.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Oh and I also hate that they continue to list/advertise sold or items...often even many years after the item has ceased to be available. Fuck those arseholes.
Yep old stuff years too late.
Anyway enjoying clips and stiff shoes lately got some used Sidis.
Dont have the power to pedal flat pedals at slow speeds in technical stuff.

downunderdallas

Likes Dirt
My freeriders currently have some good ventilation from the sole, so time for some new shoes. I have a pair of newer post-adidas five tens and I rode them last week and never felt really comfortable with them. So thought I might try something new. Has anyone tried ride concepts? Northwave also seem to get decent reviews?

teK--

Eats Squid
My freeriders currently have some good ventilation from the sole, so time for some new shoes. I have a pair of newer post-adidas five tens and I rode them last week and never felt really comfortable with them. So thought I might try something new. Has anyone tried ride concepts? Northwave also seem to get decent reviews?
Same problem since they went to Adidas they have become more narrow and not great for my duck wide feet.

Now using Shimano gr7 nice and wide very comfy.

Minlak

Giant... yeah baby.
Same problem since they went to Adidas they have become more narrow and not great for my duck wide feet.

Now using Shimano gr7 nice and wide very comfy.
I got these same shoes yesterday- was worried as traditionally Shimano shoes end up hurting my little toes (fucked up feet) - used these for 3hrs today no issues and solid as on the pedal.
Usually only specialized fits me so pretty happy to get these cheaper and working great.

HamboCairns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My Shimanos fit well but the sole was always a bit shit compared to Five Tens.

I'm trying on some Specialized this week (size 48). If they're a touch too small, they do a size 49 but I'll have to wait for them to come back in stock.