"natural body building supplements" vs anabolics

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
This just gets better!

One of my regular customers wants to be a power lifter...only he is about 5.7 feet tall and from a light weight family. He works hard at it and has some bulk but looks like he could've starred in the hobbit as one Bilbo's companions.
That's a fantastic height for a powerlifter, it's a short mans sport, those little short arms and legs can move some pretty decent weight in relation to body weight.

safreek

No problem fellas, I get asked this stuff every week during the teaching semester, the money is better spent on keeping the Mrs happy, a HRM or GPS, bike parts... or something that makes exercise more interesting so you do more of it. i wrote a post on here a while back regarding resistance training with a fair bit of detail.

On a side note, steroid use / abuse, it works amazingly well at building mass rapidly (still need some decent training) and helping lose excess weight, there is also very little in the way of side effects if taken sensibly for a short period of time, at least no side effects are noted in scientific studies. But, very importantly, these studies are managed very well and have excellent over site from Drs and pharmacists.

I would take steriods if it was prescribed by a sports based GP and supplied by a pharmacist, but there is no way I am buying some shit from the carpark at Dohertys, Spartans, Westgate leisure, not knowing what is in it and the exact dosage. The other issue steriods are extremely addictive, as not the drug, but the benefits you get from them, its a slippery slope.

I am not as big as that guy, but I once was dressed a as Nazi in a bondage store, whipping the arse of a professor strapped to a iron cross, for the small price of a PhD placement and scholarship, no regrets.
I don't suppose you know much about pct, I read a lot of different things on weightlifting sites, some contradict each other. As you have the qualification to talk, any ideas if I go this path.
NOTE : I am not condoning the use of these substances and this is only for entertainment purposes and for academic study. Do not do this at home :spy:

Mywifesirrational

I don't suppose you know much about pct, I read a lot of different things on weightlifting sites, some contradict each other. As you have the qualification to talk, any ideas if I go this path.
NOTE : I am not condoning the use of these substances and this is only for entertainment purposes and for academic study. Do not do this at home :spy:
PCT - as in post cycle therapy, avoiding 'raisin nuts'? returning your testosterone production back to normal after its been depressed via an external supply for a period of time?

I'd have to do some reading and ask in the lab - some massive units in academia, but a cycle or two, won't have any long term effect, but if you stacking gear (multi types of anabolic compounds) on repeated cycles, depending on how insane the dosage is, it may very well be an issue.

Androgen ablation therapy isn't a training thing but used to suppress males hormones for treating cancer, the side effects list is very similar to steroid abuse post cycle.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
We understand completely, raisin boy. :pop2:

safreek

PCT - as in post cycle therapy, avoiding 'raisin nuts'? returning your testosterone production back to normal after its been depressed via an external supply for a period of time?

I'd have to do some reading and ask in the lab - some massive units in academia, but a cycle or two, won't have any long term effect, but if you stacking gear (multi types of anabolic compounds) on repeated cycles, depending on how insane the dosage is, it may very well be an issue.

Androgen ablation therapy isn't a training thing but used to suppress males hormones for treating cancer, the side effects list is very similar to steroid abuse post cycle.
well, being in my fifties I would be worried if I (in theory only) did a cycle of T E that it may be possible that natural production might not start up all that easily. I assume with the muscle gains I have had I am not lacking in the test department. Any idea if that would be a possibility

safreek

We understand completely, raisin boy. :pop2:
If they shrink to half their size it would make life a shitload easier, I could fit normal underwear. With the size they are I have to freeball for comfort :drum:

At least I have a customised tag now, vealcake. If I (when) ever get huge I hope it changes to beefcake, but I doubt it.
I do see the humour in vealcake though

Mywifesirrational

well, being in my fifties I would be worried if I (in theory only) did a cycle of T E that it may be possible that natural production might not start up all that easily. I assume with the muscle gains I have had I am not lacking in the test department. Any idea if that would be a possibility

Ok, there are other issues here as well, make sure you have no forms of cancer TE may very well accelerate this. Other issue is TE interacts with other drugs, Oral anticoagulants, insulin / diabetic drugs and ACTH and corticosteroid. The main issue is Gynecomastia, commonly referred to as bitch tits - google it, basic surgery to correct the problem, know a few people who have had it done.

One cycle will have no lasting effects, presume the dosage is sensible, and the cycle is short, beyond that? TE is a treatment for low testosterone in 50s+ men. Honestly, have a chat with your GP - great people to talk to, completely confidential, get them to run some bloods, prostate and other tests to ensure everything is safe.

But I cannot highlight this strongly enough, its never one cycle, ever. You get off the gear, feel weaker, lose some 'mad gainz' getting a stiffy becomes more challenging in the short term... you another cycle starts.

safreek

Ok, there are other issues here as well, make sure you have no forms of cancer TE may very well accelerate this. Other issue is TE interacts with other drugs, Oral anticoagulants, insulin / diabetic drugs and ACTH and corticosteroid. The main issue is Gynecomastia, commonly referred to as bitch tits - google it, basic surgery to correct the problem, know a few people who have had it done.

One cycle will have no lasting effects, presume the dosage is sensible, and the cycle is short, beyond that? TE is a treatment for low testosterone in 50s+ men. Honestly, have a chat with your GP - great people to talk to, completely confidential, get them to run some bloods, prostate and other tests to ensure everything is safe.

But I cannot highlight this strongly enough, its never one cycle, ever. You get off the gear, feel weaker, lose some 'mad gainz' getting a stiffy becomes more challenging in the short term... you another cycle starts.
cheers for that mate, makes lots of sense

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
At least I have a customised tag now, vealcake. If I (when) ever get huge I hope it changes to beefcake, but I doubt it.
I do see the humour in vealcake though
Ha, glad you got it, wasn't sure if it would only made sense to me or not. Pics will be required for graduation to beefcake though.

safreek

Ha, glad you got it, wasn't sure if it would only made sense to me or not. Pics will be required for graduation to beefcake though.
don't get me started on pics, now that I have gained weight I fairly love myself, one pic turns into one thousand. The before photo is just humiliating.

safreek

After, not bad gains for 50s I guess but need more size. Anyone got a workout that really did the job.
Steroids are out of the question due to car repairs, tyres and rego all coming up in the next month
IMG_20170620_104654.jpg