"natural body building supplements" vs anabolics

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Have you considered rock climbing? It seems to deliver a full body workout. Being quite different to just hitting weights it might shock your body into growth.

safreek

Collagen limp injections aren't cheap...
synthol is one route I.won't go down, have a look at some of those.weirdos

Shovel + wheelbarrow + bow saw. And lots of hydration.
Used to.dig for s living, wiry muscle but no big.muscle.change in size
Have you considered rock climbing? It seems to deliver a full body workout. Being quite different to just hitting weights it might shock your body into growth.
did.a.bit of climbing as a lad, not my thing

Great for strength and power but not really bulk. None of the really strong climbers I know are that big.
Yeah, bit.like.loads of chin ups respect.for their fitness and strength and Agility though

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Honestly (and a little brutally) if you think getting to that size is even close to possible at your age or without years of steroid/HGH/etc. use then you're deluded.

Seriously dude, not possible and you have to look at the situation in a realistic context.

Eat and drink lots of protien, pay attention to your micros, lift heavy and low reps and that's all you can do. You are at the age where your testosterone is receding and your gains will be limited. You can start taking the illegals but you will throw your body into chaos.

That's the long and the short, like it or not.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think johnny might be onto something...maybe a just increase your taurine levels? You live in cattle country yeah?

Great for strength and power but not really bulk. None of the really strong climbers I know are that big.
Not for bulking in itself, but to mix up the training. Sometimes the body gets used to what you're doing and slows results.

safreek

Honestly (and a little brutally) if you think getting to that size is even close to possible at your age or without years of steroid/HGH/etc. use then you're deluded.

Seriously dude, not possible and you have to look at the situation in a realistic context.

Eat and drink lots of protien, pay attention to your micros, lift heavy and low reps and that's all you can do. You are at the age where your testosterone is receding and your gains will be limited. You can start taking the illegals but you will throw your body into chaos.

That's the long and the short, like it or not.
May well have to have blood tests to see if test is low, but to be honest I had visions of the gains continueing for.a while yet.
With the.weight gain and.body measurement gains I recon I have been gaining.like a.youngster, arms have gained 3.5 inches and chest over 5,.all that in 9 months
I think I may have just reached a stale point thus my looking for workout that has worked
Maybe trt will be a goer, anyone.on trt here, info would be cool

safreek

I think johnny might be onto something...maybe a just increase your taurine levels? You live in cattle country yeah?

Not for bulking in itself, but to mix up the training. Sometimes the body gets used to what you're doing and slows results.
Yeah, good.idea actually, I get where you are coming from. Shall.try a bit of rope climbing, I have.a huge gum in the back yard

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
You actually not looking to bad in your post picture, your not ripped, but there is clearly some reasonable muscle mass going on, well done.

synthol is one route I.won't go down, have a look at some of those.weirdos
Yet your I'd like to look like this guy, is Rich Piana, a synthol freak extraordinaire! he was indeed big, but he was also into synthol.

Also he's dead, died a month ago at the age of 46, same week - this seems to be a very common theme in steriod abuse, and if you want to look like this, this is a likely outcome, probably died from some form of illicit drugs or heart failure, no one knows yet as fair as I am aware.

Realistically your in a good starting point for classic physique, as jonny highlighted your goal isnt realistic.

So your finding that

...all that in 9 months
I think I may have just reached a stale point thus my looking for workout that has workedl
This is a normal plateau towards the end of the first year.

Its a concept called adaptive reserve, you have made rapid gains towards a set point regulated by myostatin, some people get massive easy and some people are built like moorey (who is a lovely person when not on the net).

There is three things you can do now to continue to gain mass, which all work as long as you continue to train - no need to change training exercises, just modify the reps / or intensity every month or two. changes exercises does nothing for improving muscle growth.

Spend 50-100k on gear in the next year or too, getting big isnt cheap and it isn't too good for hearts and vessels.

Eat like a mofo, a lot of protein and a lot of calories, wake up every night and have a meal at 230am. No alcohol, its no good for muscle mass, and get at least 10hrs sleep.

Stop all forms of aerobic exercise, its an energy dump, you need that energy for protein synthesis. the only aerobic exercise you do for the next year or two is a casual walk.

Minlak

custom titis
I have been "Bulking" for the last 30yrs gunna start lifting any day now...........

Body Dysmorphia...... reading this thread brings this to mind. Not everyone that has this is anorexic. Look at the top tier body builders and they are still not happy with parts of their body. If only I was bigger....... Great news as soon as you stop it all goes away.

safreek

You actually not looking to bad in your post picture, your not ripped, but there is clearly some reasonable muscle mass going on, well done.

Yet your I'd like to look like this guy, is Rich Piana, a synthol freak extraordinaire! he was indeed big, but he was also into synthol.

Also he's dead, died a month ago at the age of 46, same week - this seems to be a very common theme in steriod abuse, and if you want to look like this, this is a likely outcome, probably died from some form of illicit drugs or heart failure, no one knows yet as fair as I am aware.

Realistically your in a good starting point for classic physique, as jonny highlighted your goal isnt realistic.

So your finding that

This is a normal plateau towards the end of the first year.

Its a concept called adaptive reserve, you have made rapid gains towards a set point regulated by myostatin, some people get massive easy and some people are built like moorey (who is a lovely person when not on the net).

There is three things you can do now to continue to gain mass, which all work as long as you continue to train - no need to change training exercises, just modify the reps / or intensity every month or two. changes exercises does nothing for improving muscle growth.

Spend 50-100k on gear in the next year or too, getting big isnt cheap and it isn't too good for hearts and vessels.

Eat like a mofo, a lot of protein and a lot of calories, wake up every night and have a meal at 230am. No alcohol, its no good for muscle mass, and get at least 10hrs sleep.

Stop all forms of aerobic exercise, its an energy dump, you need that energy for protein synthesis. the only aerobic exercise you do for the next year or two is a casual walk.
Cheers mate, defiantly not ripped, I want to reach 100 before even trying to rip any fat off.
It actually seems that I have stopped growing since I have started doing body building reps, I had been doing.a powerlifting routine until a month or so.ago but my body needed a rest, sore.joints and such as well.
I assume I need to get.a.bit fat to get max growth

safreek

I have been "Bulking" for the last 30yrs gunna start lifting any day now...........

Body Dysmorphia...... reading this thread brings this to mind. Not everyone that has this is anorexic. Look at the top tier body builders and they are still not happy with parts of their body. If only I was bigger....... Great news as soon as you stop it all goes away.
I like that, been bulking for years, gunna start lifting soon, classic.
I do see what you mean about dysmorphia, the bigger you get.its not enough. I can see In the photos and by the tape.measure that.I am getting bigger but look in a mirror and its the same puny safreek
I hope the to keep lifting until death so hope I won't lose it all until then.
Benefits have been that it stopped me smoking weed cause when smoking I lost motivation, choice was keep being a skinny stoner or man up so the family and myself can be proud, job will be achieved at 100kg

safreek

So here is the workout I have been doing for the last 3 months, seemed pretty effective as I put 32.5kg on my bench, not much less than I could total bench at the start. My knee is getting better so shall start squats and deadies soon, sort of just dawned on me that leg press and hammie curls won't bulk the legs properly, may well be able to gain a few kg bodyweight just there, 90 kg may be possible by Xmas yet.
If you see any flaws in this workout let me know as it is nearly 20 years old
IMG_20170928_112729.jpg
IMG_20170928_112902.jpg
IMG_20170928_112810.jpg

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think questions on AusBB would prob get you better answers than from mtb community, but fwiw it does stands out that there's not enough squats or big explosive lifts in there, deadlifts etc. and if you've got an oly bar then do some oly lifts and surprise yourself.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
but fwiw it does stands out that there's not enough squats or big explosive lifts in there, deadlifts etc.
In a pure BB workout, no real need for more compound lifts if your isolating all the muscle groups.

Other thing I noticed was legs once a week is not enough, should be close to twice a week or three times per fortnight minimum, increased protein synthesis only lasts 2-3 days so it leaves 4 days of atrophy between these peaks.

safreek

I think questions on AusBB would prob get you better answers than from mtb community, but fwiw it does stands out that there's not enough squats or big explosive lifts in there, deadlifts etc. and if you've got an oly bar then do some oly lifts and surprise yourself.
O would like to do over head lifting but the rotator cuff injury means its a nono

safreek

In a pure BB workout, no real need for more compound lifts if your isolating all the muscle groups.

Other thing I noticed was legs once a week is not enough, should be close to twice a week or three times per fortnight minimum, increased protein synthesis only lasts 2-3 days so it leaves 4 days of atrophy between these peaks.
Do you think hitting the gym twice a day 4 times a week would help gains, 3/4 of an hour a.time .
I do bench and the other bench routine Mon/ Thurs and the rest on tues/Fri, seems to give decent recover time. Believe me I will listen to.you as o am committed and have trust in your knowledge, even to reach the size of the bloke in your avatar would be fine, cheers

Last edited:

cameron_15

Eats Squid
I wouldn't be able to hit the gym twice in a day.

I've had pretty good success doing a 2 day upper/lower split, working out 6 times per week. We aim to go heavy on each of the big compound lifts (Deadlifts, Squats, Bench, overhead press, barbell rows) at least once per week and throw in another lower body workout to suit (usually front squats, some extra calf sets, dumbell lunges etc).

Our workouts would be something like

Day 1 - Heavy Bench press (work up to 3 reps as heavy as we can, then drop down to do some more volume sets), 3x8 OHP, Super sets barbell row and pull ups, then some accessory lifts (Dips, flys, rear delts, maybe some machines)

Day 2 - Deadlifts - heavy + lots of sets, calves and biceps

Day 3 - Heavy back (barbell rows, to at least max bench press weight), more pullups (weighted), bench press (maybe pause reps/higher rep sets), OHP and some other shoulder excercises + tricep pull downs

Day 4 - Random leg day - Front squats, lunges, calves, some more biceps work

Day 5 - Heavy shoulders, Bench press, supersets of barbell rows and pullups, more accessory lifts

Day 6 - Heavy Squats, calves and biceps

Day 7 - Rest (bikes!)

This has worked pretty well for me the past couple of months as it means we can hit everything with a nice compound lift 3 times per week but we still get to rest muscles properly between the heavy days. It's a little tricky timing the back and deadlift days due to the cross over and we found doing heavy deadlifts followed by heavy back is not conducive to good workouts.

Our goal is for strength/power gains and it seems to be going well, my deadlift has just notched over 200kg's. Each workout takes about an hour, with the majority of the time spent on the heavy lift of the day. It's also really important to Sleep well and eat lots of good food!