New? Feel free to say g'day here.

diskoe75

Likes Bikes
another noob! ;)

Just a quick hello to everyone on these forums from a noob! :D
This site rocks! I love all the info one can find here........plus all the little tips and hints people post up.

Am fairly new to the MTB scene...........but have been bitten by the bug big time! Just a shame finding the spare time to do it is the hardest part about it.

Riding an 08 Giant Trance X2 at the mo..........which should hopefully help with the progression of my riding skills. ;)

noob

Another noob. I'm originally from Zimbabwe but moved to Aus in 2000. Used to do quite a bit of riding in Zim but have never ridden much here. I've been living in Whistler Canada for the past 2.5 years and fell in love with it again.
Brought back a big ol' Kona 'Freight train' (Stab Supreme) that is awesome for going downhill but not much else so looking at enjoying that for a while before switching to a more all-round ride... Suggestions are welcome

Andres

Squid
Hi all - used to be into riding a fair bit, but laziness got the better of me, and then eventually drifted into road riding a bit. But I think with nicer weather around the corner I'll hopefully get back into some light trail riding around the Adelaide Hills. It's really a crime to not get into the sport when there's some many great tracks so close to home. (I guess it's like living in Hawaii and not knowing how to surf! :D)

hi everyone did a bit of light trail riding for 6 month but now i got a dualie freeride bike so its time for some real fun. if anyone is in the paddington is brisbane gimme a pm maybe we could go for a ride sometime!

hi everyone

hi all, this site is great with loads of valuable info for all types of riding, its really appreciated on my behalf to the founders of put all the hard work into it
thanks and hi

MadKiwiSS

Cannon Fodder
Hi all
I´m Andrew, and I´ve just arrived from Auckland to live in Melbourne.
I brought pieces of a bike over which will be my commuter, any it might also see some trial use
Hobbies include consumption of food

possum-hunter

Cannon Fodder
occasional visitor

hi everyone, another newbie, i am intending to spend some time in Melbourne around christmas and was hoping to get some advice from some locals as to the best places for a bit of x/c riding while i am out there. i have been out several times before but only ridden Lysterfield, idealy would like some natural singletrack to ride. also any advice on the best place to rent a bike would be appreciated.
cheers.
p.s. i feel a little old after looking through some other posts!

jazzle

Squid
hello everyone,

i'm Rey from Sydney. although i started riding bikes since i could barely walk, it's only recently have i realised how much of a noob i am :(.

planning to get a bike for training and transporting purpose and slowly falling in love with this hobby :p

hickdawg

Likes Bikes
G'day my name is Blair,
I'm currently in East Timor with the army. So much potential for riding here its crazy, often day dream (nothing else to do here except beach, gym, dvds :D) of going rogue and living in the hills and pay the locals to build, maintain tracks and run shuttles for me all day haha.
Anyway back in Aus soon. Live in coogee so bit of a mission to go riding but usually hit it up down the gong way.
Cheers, Blair

Last edited:

rob321

Cannon Fodder
first post

Hello, my name is Rob and i am very new to riding however i am loving it. it's great being able to ride to uni I'm saving a fortune on petrol and parking :). Any way i hoping to improve so i can get onto some more interesting and challenging rides so any advice would be great. thanks every one

dave3107

Likes Bikes
Sorta new!

Gday all, I'm Dave, 38yrs and have been MTBing for the past couple of years, though mostly socially for fitness - no races yet. Live in Campbelltown (SW Sydney). My local track is Kentlyn (I do 90% XC, 10% mild DH) and I usually do Wed night rides (bloody D.L savings!). Have done Appin track 2-3 times but it's not my favourite. Also did Bulli on the w-end - excellent track!:p
I own an 08' XTC2 and a '08 Trance X1. I hope to have the nads to do proper DH one day, but I fear that I fear too much (started too late in life!

Cheers!!;)

indica

Serial flasher
I hope to have the nads to do proper DH one day, but I fear that I fear too much (started too late in life!)
Hey Dave ... never too late to start mate.
I have just gotten my 35 year old mate into DH - no mountain bike experience.
My wife - 30 - only recently started, and I'm 35 and picking up speed now.
Give it a go.
Get to Buller or Thredbo and hire a bike when the snow melts, you'll get the taste for it!

snowman

Cannon Fodder
New in town............ (Sydney)

Gidday
I;m new
Finally got my bike here (Hurray!)
Phew! Sydney Airport Customs staff cleaned all the mud off it for me. Lol
Thanks guys that was very nice of yous!
I think thats the first time its ever been cleaned in its life.

I'm a kiwi (but dont hold that against me!)
From Wellington city where I could ride after work at the makra mountainbike park

I am Looking for places to ride that are not too far away!!!

Found a not bad ride track off Wakehurst Parkway On the road to Frenchs Forest from Manly. but I live in Stanmore, so thats a bit of drive.

pass

Squid
G'day

I'm pass cheaking in for the first time. from brissy and ride DH.
Currently building new DH bike out of second hand bits. I raced DH in 1997 till 2001 now missing it too much and want to get back into it.

Hoping to have a great time!

Hey Farkin-ers Im redbull_norco and I'm from Auckland in New Zealand! :D I am into Surfing, and Northshore and DH. Hoping to have a great time on Farkin. :D

redbull_norco

Last edited:

pinnin

Likes Dirt
hey

Hey guys, name is troy, been on all sorts of bikes since being a kid, like most of us. usually on the motorbikes, but discovery of downhill not too long ago opens new doors.
Im studying down in the gong, some decent tracks close by which helps.
cheers Troy

LTD078

Squid
Scott Gambler DH20 VS 2stage Elite9

Hi people,
Im new to this site, I have read a lot on here before but have only just become a member.
I'm back into DH and have been training hard for a while now. I'm ready to buy a new bike now and am stuck between getting The 2009 Scott gambler dh 20 and the 2Stage Elite9? can anyone help me..

handlebar66

Cannon Fodder
Hey Guys my name is matt and im finding gettin trading access quite confusing:(
i dont get the part where you have like 5 positive posts to your name

Last edited: