Newly Released Bikes General

Ackland

chats d'élevage
If you love that bike then youll love this one

See Here for more info / videos / build and other interesting (non mtb) concepts
Combination linkage AND sliding suspension fork....
Boy oh boy... there's some endless tuning to be done there.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"This is Bernd's first bike project and it has taken two years to come to completion. As he isn't himself a mountain biker and doesn't come from a bike design background "...

Uhhhh...
Well he is not MTB wanker or at least was not one until he mentioned stiffness.
Who needs to ride when you can just get stiff admiring extreme stiffness.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I still climb everything on the G15 out here no worries (600% gear range is stupid).
We aren't exactly known for our massive climbs here...but of you feel you have something to prove let me know and I'll prescribe you a decent leg burner.

Reactions: Zaf

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's not NZ, but compared to Alice it's over double the vert/km that I was used to, and not undulating.
Have you had a chance to explore much locally yet?

I don't ride up shit, but there's some big long climbs with respective downs to be had within an hour of your 'hood.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
The only thing more important than achieving the slackest head angle possible is the steepest effective seat angle possible.
I can't wait for the progression in geometry that allows the seat tube angle to tilt forwards and the massive offset clamp droppers required.....

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I can't wait for the progression in geometry that allows the seat tube angle to tilt forwards and the massive offset clamp droppers required.....
I get what you're saying. I do think there is a place for super-steep STAs depending on travel and terrain (ie: long travel bikes, steep low-tech climbs), but definitely wouldn't want the same STAs when riding bigger k's on flattish terrain with a short-travel bike.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
It's all about the negative reach stems. :D

In all seriousness I can understand the steeper seat angle trend (to a point) in particularly longer-travel bikes where the combined impacts of long wheelbase, ever slacker head angles, and lots of sag makes climbing the thing feel like trying to steer an oil tanker. BUT it's insane how quickly everyone has pretty much just accepted that "steeper is better" without qualification.