Newly Released Bikes General

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Hopefully they've fixed the bushing play and kinematic issues.

It would be great to see Troy finally beat the surrender monkeys for the WC overall and the Champs.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Do you really think thats the fault of the bikes?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hopefully they've fixed the bushing play and kinematic issues.

It would be great to see Troy finally beat the surrender monkeys for the WC overall and the Champs.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
The latest Downtime podcast goes into great detail about the bike with Troy and Aaron.
Sounds like bushing play will be a thing of the past, can't comment on kinematics, but they seem quietly confident this bike is a big leap forward

Minlak

custom titis
Pink bike just did their comparison review on the Yeti SB 115 (the other bike I was super keen on) looks like I dodged 2 for 2 in the bike department - but usual Pinkbike they find the good angle on it.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Pink bike just did their comparison review on the Yeti SB 115 (the other bike I was super keen on) looks like I dodged 2 for 2 in the bike department - but usual Pinkbike they find the good angle on it.
What was bad about the tranny?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@Minlak I think we will all look back on this as the moment you achieved enlightenment, rather than just dodging a bullet or three. Over the next few months of riding you will transform into a prophet of virtual pivot point suspension and join those among us that know the truth on a crusade against overpriced suspension systems that deliver inferior rides and excessive wheel hook. You will be a born again rider...

I love riding my tranny but I'd leave it in a puddle of its own filth to be with my old pivot again.

Minlak

custom titis
What was bad about the tranny?
It wasn’t that anything is bad exactly - climbing was the worst on the Tranny compared to the bikes they tested so far and they commented how it felt too large on technical stuff when climbing especially (turning etc) - it’s not that I feel I would have hated it and perhaps I was using poetic licence to over state my attempts to justify the bike I bought :)

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It wasn’t that anything is bad exactly - climbing was the worst on the Tranny compared to the bikes they tested so far and they commented how it felt too large on technical stuff when climbing especially (turning etc) - it’s not that I feel I would have hated it and perhaps I was using poetic licence to over state my attempts to justify the bike I bought :)
I’d be interested to see what people think of it compared to trail bikes like your ripley, instead of converted xc bikes.
I dare say the scalpel and that Specialized would climb better than a ripley too.
I quite like PB’s reviews, they tell the “feel” of each bike nicely and list pro’s and con’s. You want a bike that descends really well in this category? Tranny. Like a more comfy ride and have tight technical terrain? The yeti’s a good choice. Want to win XC races? Specialized or Cannondale.
Hate yourself and like stupid stiff bikes? Canyon.

Honestly I think you’d be stoked on any of the bikes you were picking from. Your ripley is awesome. Problem is they all are ahaha

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
To my mind, the Spur is just a trail bike. Might not have 130/140/150mm travel (or whatever people deem to be the trail amount of travel these days...). But its geo, all-round abilities and intended use are all trail. Interesting as a point of reference against the other more XC focused machines, but I feel it's only included so they can refer to it with "we tested the Spur with it's progressive (for the time) geometry" in a couple of years time.