Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
While we are yelling at CK. Fark your stupid fragile o-ring that holds the bearing headset cap parts together and it’s a weird size you can only buy from CK.
And fuck having to use a mallet to drive the headset cap into place with steerer spacers while trying to hold the whole front end together.

The Aheadset patent has expired already, get with the fucking program.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A cassette tool and wrench aren't the kind of things you take on the trail though. That said, how many times have you had to tighten rotor bolts on the trail?
Its a Shimano BB for MTB, the cassette tool is only for internal CL rotor lockrings on QR bikes and roadies thru axles. Anything with a 15mm thru axle needs an external CL lockring which is the BB tool.

I've never had a CL disc come loose though I have had to tighten someone else's.

6 Bolt, even with my strict regime and consistent tightening of rotor bolts, I have had a Ti bolt come loose and start making a clicking noise. I stopped and unscrewed the bolt by hand and put it in my pocket.

Other peoples, several occasions I have had to use the T25 on my multitool to tighten bolt(s)

The saving grace with 6 bolt is if one comes loose, you have 5 more, with CL if it comes loose, its loose... though tightening by hand will get you home.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Ok this is pretty cool.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Ok this is pretty cool.

Ha. I posted that over in Newly Released Bikes. Cool mad science, interesting to see where it goes.