Newly Released Suspension & Components General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
is the same concept as the O chain? Whereas the O Chain moves a certain % to reduce chain forces this just keeps the chain rolling?
Nope. The purpose of this design is to relocate the 'freehub' to the crank spider and requires the cassette being fixed to the hub (either with a fixed hub, deliberately/mechanical 'seized' freehub, or cassette tied to the hub or spokes) to constantly keep the chain rotating. It allows shifting while coasting. They claim it reduces/eliminates chainslap of which I'm hugely skeptical.

I'd sort of get it it for road applications, but jest seems sketchy in the MTB realm IMO... Chain staying in motion if the wheel is still spinning during or after a crash would freak me out too. Chain pinch injuries are nasty AF with potential for severe lacerations filled with a not-so-pleasant mix of dirt and chainlube (grease inside flesh is a recipe for infections).

I get some folk will buy the product and love it, but it seems a very niche and the marketing spiel a bit 'generous'.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Nope. The purpose of this design is to relocate the 'freehub' to the crank spider and requires the cassette being fixed to the hub (either with a fixed hub, deliberately/mechanical 'seized' freehub, or cassette tied to the hub or spokes) to constantly keep the chain rotating. It allows shifting while coasting. They claim it reduces/eliminates chainslap of which I'm hugely skeptical.

I'd sort of get it it for road applications, but jest seems sketchy in the MTB realm IMO... Chain staying in motion if the wheel is still spinning during or after a crash would freak me out too. Chain pinch injuries are nasty AF with potential for severe lacerations filled with a not-so-pleasant mix of dirt and chainlube (grease inside flesh is a recipe for infections).

I get some folk will buy the product and love it, but it seems a very niche and the marketing spiel a bit 'generous'.
Haven’t clicked on the links to learn about this yet but is it the same as the intend system? He cable ties the cassette to the spokes so it will be the thing that ‘breaks’ if the system needs to fail

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Not really a new bike, but rather a cheaper version of the same bike. Bet it’s still Exie though…

Current Made in USA Exie starts at $13k AU. So a rough guess says $8-9k.

Haven’t clicked on the links to learn about this yet but is it the same as the intend system? He cable ties the cassette to the spokes so it will be the thing that ‘breaks’ if the system needs to fail
Good memory! Forget about their Magic crankset.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No, I've only just got the fork. It used to belong to Wake Jake I think.
I like tinkering, I'll get in touch with Dougal. I'll take pictures of the damper when I strip it.
I've ordered the kit from Dougal but in the meantime Junior managed to bin the bike at Highline and has scratched one of the stanchions pretty badly.
Wouldn't have happened if I didn't order the kit on Thursday. FFS.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I feel your pain. Only hope for a CSU at the moment is Hayes GmbH. I had to settle for that.
Bugger, I've asked Shockcraft if they have one but not holding my breath. I'll get the 1200 grit sand paper and epoxy out on the weekend and see how it goes.
Looks like Hayes only have them in matt black and it's a $500 exercise, that's a lot of hours on the lawn mower for the young man!

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks mate.
Also black only, but now I'm thinking about a custom cerakote colour....
I'll see how the epoxy goes before I disappear down the rabbit hole.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Bugger, I've asked Shockcraft if they have one but not holding my breath. I'll get the 1200 grit sand paper and epoxy out on the weekend and see how it goes.
Looks like Hayes only have them in matt black and it's a $500 exercise, that's a lot of hours on the lawn mower for the young man!
Maybe something like this could work?
https://guitartemplates.com.au/products/starbond-black-ca-glue-products

Says it gets into all the small cracks and crevices and can be polished to a 'high gloss' finish...

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dougal has come back to me and says they can replace a stanchion, I'm just waiting for a price and an idea of how they do it. I imagine they are a super tight fit with some sort of anaerobic glue in there, so I suspect it will cost more to replace a single leg than a new CSU is worth.

The guitar glue looks interesting, very similar to using talcum powder or micro balloons I reckon but with a nicer finish.