Newly Released Suspension & Components General

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Anyone tempted by these “Lewis” brakes doing the rounds that look like Trickstuff copies?

they started spaming everywhere about 2 months ago
occasional discussion threads here and there by ppl taking a chance..
eg https://www-mtb--news-de.translate....tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

they say patented, but I can't find the patent numbers..

Scotty675

Cable thief
TLDR. Are they any good?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
I’ve been emailing Lewis for the last couple of days. I’m not convinced enough to take the plunge. They have answered some questions but the important ones about pad compatibility and spares slip through unanswered. They will do asked for colour combos and you can specify lever sides. They don’t offer adaptors for 203 rotors but do suggest washers.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
$340USD a side or for a pair? If it’s a pair yeah maybe. If it’s per side feck that. Save up a few more weeks and buy the real versions.

Cost is soon forgotten. And two weeks on baked beans is nothing ;)

Scotty675

Cable thief
$340USD a side or for a pair? If it’s a pair yeah maybe. If it’s per side feck that. Save up a few more weeks and buy the real versions.

Cost is soon forgotten. And two weeks on baked beans is nothing ;)
$339 USD a set delivered.
I have some real brakes coming, they aren’t trickstuff though. I should bite the bullet and just buy a set so I’ll never buy cheap brakes again. You could sell me a set?

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Anyone tempted by these “Lewis” brakes doing the rounds that look like Trickstuff copies?

Tough in the mtb influencer world. Imagine having to push Ali brakes to make ends meet :eek:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Looks like a skinny air shock with a coil over the top.
Its layout is closer to a typical air shock than coil.
ButI don't understand how it is "twin-tube" with only 1 tube around the main piston

Isn’t the ‘twin tube’ thing about separating compression and rebound damping?

Anyway, I don't get this shock. Air shocks are becoming more coil-like (big aircan to be more linear) and coils are becoming more air-like (Hydraulic bottom out and progressive springs) and bike manufacturers have found a happy place to deliver a kinematic that works with air or coil (around 25-30% progression in shock rate) yet we now need this?

If it’s got all the seals associated with an air shock then i call bullshit on it being as ‘supple as a coil’. And if you need a shit-tonne of ramp up because your frame has a really low leverage ratio then just stick with air. This seems unnecessary, overly complex and expensive. Now that I type that, I’m realising they’ll sell plenty…