Online retailers trusted/scammers

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Anyone bought stuff from bikechain.com.au?

Website looks legit, but seems very new and has just a few reviews on Google (and I can't tell if those reviews are positive or a little "too positive").

The "support a store" store selector thing seems like too much effort for a scam website though...?

Jpez

Down on the left!

Website looks legit, but seems very new and has just a few reviews on Google (and I can't tell if those reviews are positive or a little "too positive").

The "support a store" store selector thing seems like too much effort for a scam website though...?

Yep. I’ve got a hope hub coming from them. I rang Salter cycles before I purchased to confirm and BC are importers and are using the retail store selection to sell at retail. The hub I bought is still $40 cheaper than anywhere else. They keep the wholesale and give the difference to the nominated store.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yep. I’ve got a hope hub coming from them. I rang Salter cycles before I purchased to confirm and BC are importers and are using the retail store selection to sell at retail. The hub I bought is still $40 cheaper than anywhere else. They keep the wholesale and give the difference to the nominated store.
Awesome, cheers mate!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

I think they are a distro, and also sell direct. I buy bib shorts for under the baggies from Santini Aus, who just happen to be at the same address as Bike Chain. same same AFAIK.
Basically What Jpez said.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Anyone had issues with BikeBug before?

Paid for a stem that was listed as in stock a week ago and the order still hasn't been processed yet.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Anyone had issues with BikeBug before?

Paid for a stem that was listed as in stock a week ago and the order still hasn't been processed yet.
Yes. A couple of months ago I bought 3 items. 1 was marked as dispatched, the other 2 weren't. I waited until the parcel arrived and sure enough, only 1 item was sent. I emailed them about the other 2 things and they straight up said "I don't know why these weren't sent" and they prompted the warehouse to ship them. Like you, it was in stock when I ordered them, and they only shipped the other 2 items when prompted.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yes. A couple of months ago I bought 3 items. 1 was marked as dispatched, the other 2 weren't. I waited until the parcel arrived and sure enough, only 1 item was sent. I emailed them about the other 2 things and they straight up said "I don't know why these weren't sent" and they prompted the warehouse to ship them. Like you, it was in stock when I ordered them, and they only shipped the other 2 items when prompted.
I've had a similar experience with multiple items arriving at different times from BikeBug. They are also on the slow side to deliver.

I think 'In Stock' means 'Our distributor has it in stock' at BikeBug hence the delays in order fulfilment.

Hey, we all wanted just in time supply chains with low inventory and now we got it....Errrr..

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yep, so that's precisely what happened: "Terribly sorry, I'll get the guys in the warehouse to send it".

In their defence, they sent it express and I had it within 48hrs. No idea how long it would have taken if I hadn't upped them for it, though.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Yep, so that's precisely what happened: "Terribly sorry, I'll get the guys in the warehouse to send it".

In their defence, they sent it express and I had it within 48hrs. No idea how long it would have taken if I hadn't upped them for it, though.
That sucks that you had to prompt them. At least they sent it via express.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone found a way around the SRAM geoblock for items from Europe - other than getting it posted to someone you know in Europe? Onshippers etc. Possibly an on shipper in a country that is outside the Euro VAT, then only cop GST on the way into Aus.

R2 bike have a stupid good deal on at the moment that is hard to go past, even if shipping is a bit exxy.