Post your 29er!

Mike95

Likes Dirt
The Schwalbe Nobby Nics hooked up well but I'm probably running them a bit high for tubeless at 40 psi so I'll drop them down to 35 psi for the next ride and take it from there.
Nice bike.
Try dropping them to 25 psi

At Mt Annan i run approx 20psi front 22 psi rear tubeless

mtb1611

Seymour
Nice bike.
Try dropping them to 25 psi

At Mt Annan i run approx 20psi front 22 psi rear tubeless
Thanks for the tip Mike. I've always baulked at running pressures that low but I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Cheers mate!

quiggs

Likes Dirt
My new build. Nicely bedded in with 1000km and a couple of races. Still a couple of tweaks needed to cockpit, screaming out for a lighter set of wheels and a creak in the headset that I can't seem to isolate. But other than that, a beautiful ride that flies on the flat, is rock solid on the rough stuff and surprisingly nimble in tight singletrack.
Specs to follow.
If you are still at a mystery of the creak in the headset, the source could be the brake cables rubbing on one another when you turn the bars? Just a thought!

uqiggs

softek

Likes Dirt
10.8 KG Anthem

This is my Anthem Advanced 29er, it currently weights 10.8kg with Ti pedals, not sure how people can get these bikes to go under 10kg, however im a bit over this weight weenie thing, I came from riding the scott spark for 2 years, this is so much better and weights a full 1kg heavier.
IMG_3677.jpgIMG_3674.jpgIMG_3676.jpg

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep very nice Mr Softek. you do wonder what would be required to get it under 10kgs, carbon seat post?, and a arse busting carbon seat (ugly but light). then apart from wheels it would be forks, but seriously at the 10.8kg mark the bike won't be holding you back that's for sure.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
My 2013 Anthem Advanced 1 is 10.98kg with full XT any my Ness carbon wheels and Easton carbon bars. I have also put on my Selle Italia SLR saddle on as I find the Tundra 2 too flat and square.

I plan to get a carbon seat post and that's about it.
Bike is awesome. The suspension is pretty plush and I think it will make a perfect Enduro bike.
I'm doing the Gravity 12 hour in Bright in a couple of weeks which will be a great test for it(and me).

Hugor

Likes Dirt
That work of art must surely be worth its own thread...
Agreed. Stunning bike!!

Please provide a ride report on that thing when you have a chance.
I'd love to hear how it goes.
I'm no racer but I'd love to hear how your times go too.
Weight??

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
goddam don't know what to say to that, brilliant! what's the background behind build? is it a one off?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
woodie

nice colour matched fork

google the brand and others

love it SS

ballsy purchace mate - not like you can test them - could ride like a plank

Monks

Likes Dirt
thats a serious 29er. I wonder what they say about termites, borers, water/damp? Our northern neighbors in QLD and NT would have a hard time keeping the that stuff out of the frame.

Last edited:

softek

Likes Dirt
thats a serious 29er. I wonder what they say about termites, borers, water/damp? Our northern brothers in QLD and NT would have a hard time keeping the that stuff out of the frame.
wonder if it would warp in direct sunlight like my floorboards?

Monks

Likes Dirt
wonder if it would warp in direct sunlight like my floorboards?
yeah hadn't though about that, it seems it has the right properties for riding and can deal with trail related things quite easily, but it's potentially susceptible to cope with things that aren't really riding related like direct heat, termites/borers, damp/wet.