Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
hey sorry its a bit off the smart car topic, but say i wanted to import a 180sx from japan, what kinda money would it cost to get it over here? seems cheap when u see a 180sx for $2100 us.
There will be 10% gst, potentially another 10% tax the government applies randomly, factor in $2000ish shipping depending on who you go with. But as mentioned earlier, be very careful what you try to import because ther regulations have just changed a lot. You require goverment import approval to actually bring it into the coutnry.

On another note, I just bought the most wonderful tool. A nut splitter. Every single nut on my car has been in place for 40ish years and has no intention of moving, not even under persuasion from a 2ft socket handle. So instead of trying to grind off all the nuts that freeze then strip, I can now split them off! Happy days ahead.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
There will be 10% gst, potentially another 10% tax the government applies randomly, factor in $2000ish shipping depending on who you go with. But as mentioned earlier, be very careful what you try to import because ther regulations have just changed a lot. You require goverment import approval to actually bring it into the coutnry.

On another note, I just bought the most wonderful tool. A nut splitter. Every single nut on my car has been in place for 40ish years and has no intention of moving, not even under persuasion from a 2ft socket handle. So instead of trying to grind off all the nuts that freeze then strip, I can now split them off! Happy days ahead.

??

Toff

Likes Dirt
Hoping so. They were pretty crappy cosmetically, two in rattle can black and two just dirty but with a bit of effort they'd have come up a treat. Oh well, always next time.

Found a full intercooler kit to suit the Supra. $450 for the core and all the piping, including postage as well. Sounds reasonable enough?

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
I tried using one of those, but I lack the biceps. MattyDV is on the ball.

I've given up on the wiring harness in my car. I may aswell have some wires going from the battery into a sealed black box then some wires coming out the other side to all the features. How this car finished up with three separate fuse boxes I don't know, but without a degree in electrical engineering there is no way I'll manage to wire the horn back into place. As soon as you track any wire for more than a meter it changes colour, goes into a fuse box and disappears. Embarrassing, but I may actually need a shop to do that for me.

exvitermini

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I tried using one of those, but I lack the biceps. MattyDV is on the ball.

I've given up on the wiring harness in my car. I may aswell have some wires going from the battery into a sealed black box then some wires coming out the other side to all the features. How this car finished up with three separate fuse boxes I don't know, but without a degree in electrical engineering there is no way I'll manage to wire the horn back into place. As soon as you track any wire for more than a meter it changes colour, goes into a fuse box and disappears. Embarrassing, but I may actually need a shop to do that for me.
How much wiring do you need to sort out is it just the horn? or a shit load?

If its just the horn(or a few other small things) using a multimeter and long piece of electrical wire to figure it out is pretty easy!

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
How much wiring do you need to sort out is it just the horn? or a shit load?

If its just the horn(or a few other small things) using a multimeter and long piece of electrical wire to figure it out is pretty easy!
My stereo headunit was attatched to my rear left brake light and there are 3 times as many fuse boxes as there should be. Every time a new piece of electronics was added, it was just tacked in place to whatever wire was closest. The entire system really needs pulling apart and reordering cause it currently sucks. It looks nothing like any of the wiring harness diagrams I've seen. I'l take another few attemps with a wire and multimeter but I always end up raging.

Game changer: Would a 100 gallon per hour electric fuel pump at 7psi happily feed a 350hp carb engine? 110g/h seems like overkill and probably bad for the pump

exvitermini

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My stereo headunit was attatched to my rear left brake light and there are 3 times as many fuse boxes as there should be. Every time a new piece of electronics was added, it was just tacked in place to whatever wire was closest. The entire system really needs pulling apart and reordering cause it currently sucks. It looks nothing like any of the wiring harness diagrams I've seen. I'l take another few attemps with a wire and multimeter but I always end up raging.
glad its you and not me then :)

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is great ~
[video=youtube;4zf40OzfwOo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zf40OzfwOo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Also thinking of grabbing a set of Enkei Evo 5's in 17" sometime soon. I love 4x108, its such a popular sizing you know? ... Anyway, opinions?

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hay ziggy have you priced up those enkeis yet? lol

ah I like my carby na automobile for that reason
I've seen prices of $180 each corner online. No idea if thats USD or not, but thats good enough for me regardless! Ill scope it out in like half hour, gotta do something <3

Lorday

Eats Squid
Also thinking of grabbing a set of Enkei Evo 5's in 17" sometime soon. I love 4x108, its such a popular sizing you know? ... Anyway, opinions?

[snip]http://wheeltronix.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/22_bronze.jpg[/snip]
Fuck yes! What colour options?

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The enkei site only displays them in 'Hyper Black with Machined Lip or Matte Bronze with Machined Lip'. I would like the gold pictured so im going to have to do some asking around to see if thats been phased out or not. They didn't advertise that one picture as a gold colour, but im too tired to find out what its actually referred to as and its gold to me.

Nighties! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzZzzzzz zz

EDIT: This is just fucking stupid...

[video=youtube;sZWculctAj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZWculctAj8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:

curlysurfer

Likes Dirt
Olds Cool

[video=youtube;TfEZyCccKTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfEZyCccKTs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Thought you guys/girls might get a kick out of this. :cool:

curlysurfer

Likes Dirt
I believe it's an old board racer.

flat out, not burning your legs, on a wooden oval track, with no brakes. all with the euro white tyres.