Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Plow King

Little bit.
Fuuudge cakes VW, lucky your alive!

P.s Newest top gear episode is out. Ep01 Season 15 ~

http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-15x01-20100627_2030593.htm

Prepare to literally laugh your ass out of your seat, or sit their in complete silence so shocked by the extreme amounts of awesome you are watching at 51:30 into it.

EDIT: Hahahahahahahahaha Ok holly fuck that whole segment is win. Pure win.
Yeah, great episode. It's on youtube aswell watched it earlier. Love the Reliant Robin bit so much, woke up my brother cos' I was laughing so hard.

Paid off my sooby :D

8k in 4 Months. Weee :D

skivi

Likes Dirt
oh Arete that's absolutely bitchin mate.

check out:

www.losboulevardos.com
www.deadendmagazine.com
www.kustomrama.com
www.traditionalspeedandkustom.com
www.zorg.com/pub/photol?c=iikmnoknsr (Japan scene is off the charts i have more links)
.... and i've already told you about the Jalopy Journal/HAMB yeah?

i'm trying to go to the 2010 Mooneyes Yokohama hot rod show in December.

come to the 'Chopped Rod and Custom Show' in central Vic October 1st - 3rd there's always a swag of SA boys that make it a road trip.

Arete

Likes Dirt
just to clarify, the t-bird isn't mine - it was granted import approval recently however.

I put a deposit down on a flathead 8 '52 F1 truck - waiting on the guy to get title for it.

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK, so this just got import approval - has an engine swap from a 430 to a 352 and from the look of the photo it's been dropped too. There's hope yet.

Thats my mate Vinny's t-bird. He also has some bad arse aircooled Volkswagens.

vinnytang

Cannon Fodder
Thats my mate Vinny's t-bird. He also has some bad arse aircooled Volkswagens.
That's my thing there. I think a lot of the import approval stuff has been blown out of proportion. On the same aplication my importer also lodged an Elenor repilca and a few other customs and muscle cars, all of which got passed. At the same time I've heard F150s getting knocked back because of digital gauges and mustangs with racing stripes.

My car is got custom paint, custom interior, engine swap, dumped, reverse wheels, engine swap, bigger brakes and I bought it just before the new laws came in, safe to say I was stressing for the last two months until the import approval came. As long as you're not importing a fibreglass deuce or a crappy airbagged lowrider I think you should be sweet.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
That's my thing there. I think a lot of the import approval stuff has been blown out of proportion. On the same aplication my importer also lodged an Elenor repilca and a few other customs and muscle cars, all of which got passed. At the same time I've heard F150s getting knocked back because of digital gauges and mustangs with racing stripes.

My car is got custom paint, custom interior, engine swap, dumped, reverse wheels, engine swap, bigger brakes and I bought it just before the new laws came in, safe to say I was stressing for the last two months until the import approval came. As long as you're not importing a fibreglass deuce or a crappy airbagged lowrider I think you should be sweet.
Everybody loves consistancy! That is good news, my brother wants to bring in a dodge in a few years and the odds of finding a dodge that old with components that are both original and useable and not V6 and not worth more than our house is kinda low. By the way, nice ride!

Just got some U-shackles made to hold my rear axle/traction bars in place properly, and it only took a week. Nobody in australia stocks them, and nobody in australia has 3/8th threaded rod suitable for bending that is long enough. Eventually I got a guy to lathe down and thread some 5/8th rod for me then bend it up. A lot of effort for $3 piece in the US.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
de

lol and i have hit another freaking bump in the road..

been working flat stick all holidays, trying to pay for everything i need fixed on my two cars and my boat... everytime i fix somthing, something else breaks..

example, commdore, new fuel pump, new starter, new battery, and a full service..

driving home from falls creek two nights ago..

.. hmmmmm why has my heater just gone ice cold... ah wow my temp guage is on H.. now its on c..
mmm that smoke and steam from bonnet can not be right!

pull over.. literaly not one drop of water in my cooling system, further inspection water pump seal blew...

so now its 400kms away from home at a mechanic in bright. while i was stuck with getting a bus and train home! if i knew i was going to miss work friday, i would have just stayed another night at the snow! not at some shoddy motel in bright!

fml.. i just want to sell everything i own and start from scratch.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
lol and i have hit another freaking bump in the road..

fml.. i just want to sell everything i own and start from scratch.
it does seem you are getting screwed on from a great height...

Anybody in canberra recommend somewhere good with car electronics? I'm considering getting an entire wiring harness done and want to get a quote for a custom job compared to importing a ready made harness from the US and doing it myself.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
it does seem you are getting screwed on from a great height...

haha its not to bad i just keep telling me self, there is people out there alot worse then me, people with complaints much larger then their "toys" playing up!

but when one has such money invested in such "toys", one gets quite annoyed when they are not working!

hahah any to that fiestiva* i learnt to drive in one of them, i would definatly drive it!!!

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Omnomnomnomnom.

P.s also do want these wheels ~

Gave the focus a good wash yesterday, apart from that things are pretty meh. Haven't done anything since the doof doof. Yet to find any 4x108's i like and have only ventured into one shop. And thats pretty much my story A+

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
omfg stretched tires burn that red hatch!

Don't bother with shops, in Australia at least, Ziggy, what kind of wheels are you looking for?

Last edited:

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
I worked out why my old fuel pump was dying. The previous owner had mounted the pump above the pick up in the fuel tank, so every time it was started it was was pumping air for a few seconds before fuel was sucked through. Captain half ass strikes again.

Drew.

Eats Squid
I just spent $300 on cleaning products. Woo! Will post some shiny shiny pictures soon when I clean her.

Buying a Milltek exhaust and hopefully Gen 1 haldex controller in the next week or 2, as well. :)

Drew.

Eats Squid
After $800 for my 40d body and battery grip w/ 2 batteries now. Also $125 for 24-85 f3.5. $350 for 24mm f2.8. Sekonic L758R lightmeter- $350

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Wrong topic?

Anyone had experience with Haltech E8's? Floody? Matt? Thinking of one for my 16v 4age because I may be running 20v quads.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Ahha! that's where it went! I went to the photo snob thread before and didn't see it and was like "shit, in what thread on what forum did i accidentally just post that in". Found it!