Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Going from 286bhp to 309 isnt that big an issue.

The M635CSi I saw you can have for $75k. Say that quickly. It is in great condition.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
You'll die from a heart attack if you see the price.

View attachment 345017

1983 BMW 635 Group A FIA Race Car. This car was originally delivered to Norway as a 630 road car and was converted early in its life into an E24 model 635 Group A Race car. The original owner Mr Tuisku took the car to BMW works team Schnitzer in 1983 to have a Schnitzer built 635 engine installed.

Following his first race where he finished 3rd, Tuisku installed BMW Motorsport front and rear axles complete with 5 speed Getrag 265/3 Gearbox.

The car was very successful and during 5 years of racing in Scandinavia, the car was more often than not on the podium.

During the mid 1980's the car was sent to Alpina for an engine rebuild, and continued to race until 1988.

The car then sold to Sweden and remained unused except for one track day in 2004 for more than 20 years.

Now rebuilt and ready to race again, the car is in great condition as can be seen from the photos.

Full Spec: Fully rebuilt engine, producing 309 bhp
Rebuilt body shell with new FIA approved roll cage New FIA HTP issued in 2017 Freshly repainted - shell stripped and rebuilt
Complete with 16" centre lock wheels and Avon Slick tyres (240/600 R16 front and 265/600 R16 rear tyres)

New Air Jacks
New Foam filled Fuel Cell with twin fillers and Bosch 044 fuel pump, and new fuel lines
New safety Equipment
New Tilton Clutch and Flywheel
I think a little bit of wee just came out.
Farrk me. Dream car. Die happy.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Going from 286bhp to 309 isnt that big an issue.

The M635CSi I saw you can have for $75k. Say that quickly. It is in great condition.
Once again the horse has bolted!
Not so long ago these old 6 series were overlooked.
I looked at these cars in the classifieds a few years back... and most, if not all, variants were a lot cheaper than now.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Once again the horse has bolted!
Not so long ago these old 6 series were overlooked.
I looked at these cars in the classifieds a few years back... and most, if not all, variants were a lot cheaper than now.

Probably not achieving similar investment growth as say the asx200, but still appreciating due to rarity.

I've convinced the old man to keep the garage heated from now on to protect his. It's fucking mint. I'll get a photo of the under side this weekend.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
...where has Elbo and Hazza gone.....haven't seen em in this thread for a bit
I haven't had anything to post because I ended up selling both my VWs (my Mk2 and my 62 Beetle.) Both were turning into money pits and even though I've been into VWs for years, I lost interest in them. I don't have a project as such at the moment, but I'm driving a 1985 Corolla Liftback which I got from my mate's great aunt and it's only done 100,000km. It's pretty clean with a couple of carpark dings so I'm keeping it as stock as I can. All I've done is put a set of Zender wheels on it.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I haven't had anything to post because I ended up selling both my VWs (my Mk2 and my 62 Beetle.) Both were turning into money pits and even though I've been into VWs for years, I lost interest in them. I don't have a project as such at the moment, but I'm driving a 1985 Corolla Liftback which I got from my mate's great aunt and it's only done 100,000km. It's pretty clean with a couple of carpark dings so I'm keeping it as stock as I can. All I've done is put a set of Zender wheels on it.
Not unlike our Mazda 2 with Oz Racing wheels and semi slicks!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The tyres are V720 Ecstas. I was worried about wet grip but actually they are better than the eco things that were on it from the factory. Bloody noisy though.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Probably get 20k. Pretty used to that, the tyres on the other M2 didn't get that far. And the tyres are cheap!

When it went in for its first service the young lady I dealt with said one of the techs came in and said that 2 has Oz wheels and semis! She said yeah I know, don't rotate the tyres, the owner has it sorted (I said not to touch the tyres). Then she told me she had no idea what any of this meant so she googled. Clever lady.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I was running Falken RT615s on the Liberty. Went through probably half a dozen sets, but didn't care because I loved them so much:

That car was outstanding after the Bilsteins, caster & camber adjustments, custom OEM springs, steering rack bushes...wish I'd never sold it.

Attachments

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I had a bad experience with Falkens on a commode. Those look nice though. The 720s are very sticky but very noisy and Mazdas suffer poor nvh anyway. I fitted PilotSport 4S's on my car and they are amazing. The Contisports it came with were utter shite. By 10,000km no straight line grip and lateral grip was poor too.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Pilot Sport 4's are great. I have them up the front and will change the rears later. Lots if traction, they roll quietly and wear well. Hard not to like.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Shredden

Knows his goats
Wondering if anyone has any ideas - I just bought a 1998 CR-V for $1200. Nearly mint condition with 250k kms, full service history etc. It runs very well except it has an issue bogging down at low revs, wide open throttle. Its not quite bad enough that it chugs but it definitely bogs down for a sec, say in 2nd at 2500RPM when you go foot flat to the floor. Once it gets above like 3500RPM it revs out completely fine all the way to redline. Any ideas? I see on the notes from the previous service the mechanic has written just "intake clean recommended". Could this be the issue? What does that even entail?

Cheers guys

Flow-Rider

Burner
Wondering if anyone has any ideas - I just bought a 1998 CR-V for $1200. Nearly mint condition with 250k kms, full service history etc. It runs very well except it has an issue bogging down at low revs, wide open throttle. Its not quite bad enough that it chugs but it definitely bogs down for a sec, say in 2nd at 2500RPM when you go foot flat to the floor. Once it gets above like 3500RPM it revs out completely fine all the way to redline. Any ideas? I see on the notes from the previous service the mechanic has written just "intake clean recommended". Could this be the issue? What does that even entail?

Cheers guys
Start by changing the plugs and filters.