Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Removing tint from windows - easy DIY, or let a tinter do it?

New Alfa has tinted windows. I hate tinted windows...

Haakon

And extra skin melanomas.

If they're tinted that dark most likely not a legal tint or maybe get your eyes checked.
I have no idea if its legal or not. I just dont like it. I can see out at night, its just diminished obviously.

How many poofteenths of feck all does it save in fuel anyway?

Haakon

Buggerit. Stupid German driveshafts... So - cop the cost of the gearbox oil and boot kit, or let an apprentice at the dealer use a rattle gun on bolts in the alloy uprights? I think I know the answer to this one...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Getting the outer CV off the shaft is a pain unless in a bench vice... Depends if it’s got a circlip I can release or it’s a bash off job.
If you can get someone to hold the shaft and you know how to hit the outer so that the force is parallel with the shaft they usually fall straight off, the only time I've had problems is when flogs fit the wrong c-clip or jam it in the splines, even then you can undo the inner-shaft outer c-clip off and get to it that way.

Haakon

If you can get someone to hold the shaft and you know how to hit the outer so that the force is parallel with the shaft they usually fall straight off, the only time I've had problems is when flogs fit the wrong c-clip or jam it in the splines, even then you can undo the inner-shaft outer c-clip off and get to it that way.
Cool, I'll give that a shot before dumping the fluid on a 1000km old dual clutch transmission.... Lobro boot kit is $25 from the UK, worth it to avoid the dealer.

I think the OEM joint is a standard GKN - that should be pretty conventional and responsive to a health thwack with a copper hammer.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Cool, I'll give that a shot before dumping the fluid on a 1000km old dual clutch transmission.... Lobro boot kit is $25 from the UK, worth it to avoid the dealer.

I think the OEM joint is a standard GKN - that should be pretty conventional and responsive to a health thwack with a copper hammer.
Mind Boggles how a CV boot fails so quick.