Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
I'd be happy with that depth (perhaps a few inches lower). Do you find that after a certain depth you end up losing that natural arch in your lower back? This is the reason I stopped going ATG.

Is that girl in the corner posing for the camera..
I generally set my squat standards by IPF rules. This is an inch or two high, so it wouldn't count in competition. I'm sure I can do it to depth, but freaked out as it is a 10kg PR haha.

It's generally not bio mechanically safe to do low-bar squats too deep. I do my high-bar squats a fair bit lower, but it takes me a long time to warm up to get to depth without compromising technique. It literally took me months of squatting to even hit parallel without rounding.

This is my highbar from a couple months ago

My entire posterior chain is a joke from riding bikes for so many years, you wouldn't believe how bad my squats used to look. If your lower back is rounding, you may have tight hips/psoas (i think?). I'd be running that thought by Mywifesirrational though!

In other news, I got some new gym shirts today. It's ok to be upset.

10954146_10153119624742193_2017414650_n.jpg

Last edited:

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
So I'm really starting to think my conventional deadlift is stronger than my sumo.

Pulled 180kg hookgrip beltless conventional today, as well as 190kg with a belt and mixed grip. Going to try for 200+ next week . . .

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Been sick for the past week and have been feeling weak as shit, so my body has been resting.

Today, my body was feeling amazing and I managed a 10kg PR on my 2 rep squat. Got 155kg. I think I could almost do 160 for two if I had planned for such a big PR.

Also got 85kg (10kg PR and 2.5 kg more than my best jerk) push press in my oly shoes. Never tried it in these as it tends to make me hyper extend my lower back. Chucked my belt on and grinded out the slowest OHP rep of my life. But locked it out :)

Grrilla

Likes Bikes
Got the (single ply) squat suit out for fun Monday night. Ended up using the same box height as last week but left the knee wraps off and worked up to a 300kg squat with straps down. Knee feels fine now and while not to comp depth, was very fast so the plan is to have a go without the box in a few weeks.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Got the (single ply) squat suit out for fun Monday night. Ended up using the same box height as last week but left the knee wraps off and worked up to a 300kg squat with straps down. Knee feels fine now and while not to comp depth, was very fast so the plan is to have a go without the box in a few weeks.
That's quite heavy.

Took the last week off as I hurt my back shooting a wedding on sunday. It was feeling ok today.

Got a 120kg front squat (PR). I reckon I'm good for 130-140 once I get my setup right/work on my mobility.

Also 50kg over head box squat for a couple reps. trying to work on over head stability.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Worked on my over head squats today. Really struggling with external rotation at the shoulder once I get about 1/2 way down. Hips too tight, calves too tight, lats too tight, pecs too tight.

Getting there though.

11006140_10153175089487193_1974006989_n.jpg

Joly Joe Rider

Likes Dirt
I currently weigh 80kgs.

Most pushups:
N/A - Allergic reaction to pushups

Most pullups:
22 when I was about 68kgs

Most dips:
Take a dip in the pool most weeks but no records.

Most muscle ups:

Box Jump:
100cm (40inches)

100m Sprint:
12.56 - no training just out of interest after a long strength/power block.
In high school it was slower than 14 seconds.
200m Sprint:
After 100m its no longer sprinting for me.

5km Run:
22.25 - In triathlon

10km run:

Half Marathon (21km):
1hr52 In triathlon

Full Marathon (42km):
Nope

100 Burpee challenge times:
Beer makes me burp

Beep Test:
14.4 - after recovery from a broken foot.
10.6 during training for Olympic distance triathlon - wtf?

Static Breath Hold:
I can swim 25m freestyle holding my breath

Powerlifting Total:
Don't have power

Biggest Deadlift:
155kg in december however I have since broken my thumb.

Biggest Bench:
Bench is always occupied by meatheads

Biggest Military Press:
Am not able to lift the military.

Biggest Squat:[/QUOTE]
144kg not ATG, but knee to hip parallel to ground - See broken foot above - permanent ligament damage restricts ankle movement
Have never done one rep max.

Once my thumb recovers my aim this year is to maintain my lifting/strength because it keeps me from falling apart whilst mountain biking.
Also break 5hrs for a half Ironman. I managed 5hrs6min in 2013.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Changed my setup for deadlifts slightly and got 180kg x 4 reps sumo this week. Thats a 2 rep PR. Went for 202.5kg last week but missed it (would be a 2.5kg PR). Confident with my new setup I could get it.

Can comfortably squat 160kg for singles now. Keen to get 170kg in the next few weeks. My short term goal is 180kg. Then I need to bring up my poverty bench.

#gainz

my02

Likes Dirt
Nice work.

I've been caught up with work stuff over last couple of weeks so training is lousy.

Still want to catch up with you to do some DLs in the next few weeks.

On a slight tangent, hypothetically speaking, would you or anyone be interested in attending a 2 hour deadlifting seminar with 3 other people with Andy Bolton? Prob around the $125 - $150 mark. In Sydney.

Grrilla

Likes Bikes
Nice work.

I've been caught up with work stuff over last couple of weeks so training is lousy.

On a slight tangent, hypothetically speaking, would you or anyone be interested in attending a 2 hour deadlifting seminar with 3 other people with Andy Bolton? Prob around the $125 - $150 mark. In Sydney.
Hmmm I could possibly be interested... when would this be on?

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Nice work.

Not particularly, but cheers for the heads up!

Got 180kg sumo for 5 reps today then tore my hand open on my first set. So mad. Was confident of doing a few sets.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Worked on my over head squats today. Really struggling with external rotation at the shoulder once I get about 1/2 way down. Hips too tight, calves too tight, lats too tight, pecs too tight.

Getting there though.

View attachment 308762
Take a wider stance, let your hips come through. You back will straighten and your armpits will flare out more.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Thought I'd add my current weights :)

Most pushups:

Most Pullups

Most muscle ups:
6 (strict, ring)
15 (bar, gymnastic style kip)

Biggest Deadlift:
150 x 5

Biggest Bench:

Biggest Military Press:

Biggest Squat:
117 x 3 Front
138 x 3 Back

Clean&Jerk
(split jerk) 90

Snatch

Cant run to save myself!

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Take a wider stance, let your hips come through. You back will straighten and your armpits will flare out more.
Cheers mate! Still need to work on my mobility and give these another crack.

*EDIT*

Been having an extra coffee pre-workout this week. All kinda gainz.

Today, after PRing 140kg 5x5 low-bar, PR'd bench with 100kg for 2 reps. I'm feeling a 180 squat in about 2 months. My long term goal for bench has been 120kg, so hopefully in the next 6 months or so.

I must be the only guy in my gym that can deadlift and squat more than he can bench.

Last edited:

Grrilla

Likes Bikes
Cheers mate! Still need to work on my mobility and give these another crack.

*EDIT*

Been having an extra coffee pre-workout this week. All kinda gainz.

Today, after PRing 140kg 5x5 low-bar, PR'd bench with 100kg for 2 reps. I'm feeling a 180 squat in about 2 months. My long term goal for bench has been 120kg, so hopefully in the next 6 months or so.

I must be the only guy in my gym that can deadlift and squat more than he can bench.
Good work! I tried squatting last night with no box and just a belt (i.e. no knee wraps). Hit 160x5, 180x3 and 200x1 all down below comp depth, all easy and very minimal knee pain. Even managed to do lunges for the first time in approx 8 months. Unfortunately I managed to give myself a very slight quad tear on my upper left quad so am a little sore there today. Going to stick with no box now and slowly bring weights up to what I was doing on the box over the next few weeks/months.

If anyone at our gym had a squat and deadlift below their bench, guess what they would be doing every day until they fixed that haha..

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
I don't know how you do it...
I enjoy it because it's easy to be one of the strongest guys there, haha!

Edit 11/03.

Have been doing way more upper body volume in the last couple weeks. Trying to build a bit of muscle to look a little more in proportion.

I never really bench heavy because I often lift alone. My house mate has 4 weeks off work so I had a spotter today and yesterday.

100kg for 2 yesterday (all time PR is 105kg for 1). 90kg spoto with a pause for 3 reps today with ease for a 10kg pr. Felt a strain in my pec so went lighter (rushed my warm up a bit). Exciting times.

Last edited:

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
I'm having the best week. So stoked!

Monday. 180kg dead for 5 reps
Tuesday. 100kg bench for 2 reps
Wednesday 90kg spoto for 3 reps
Today. 140kg low bar for 6, followed by 150kg for 4. Going to try 160kg for reps next week.

Maybe 180kg is closer than I thought...

:D