Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
It would need to be evening for me. 7 onwards?
I don't think I'll be home until 9 ish.

In other news, got a 90kg hang power clean today. Didn't feel that hard. Played around with different hang heights and found my most powerful one. Would love 100kg. gainz.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Bugger - how about Wednesday 8th around 7 ish?

Just squeaked out 92.5 strict OHP.
No go on Wednesday - got a meeting! Strrrrrong press! I think my strict press is somewhere between 60-70.

In other news, after some horrible low-bar squats I felt like trying a hybrid/high bar squat. I don't normally squat this wide for high-bar, but yolo and dickpic.

11096761_10153268423662193_788986530_n.jpg

I think it's a PR anyway, ha!

Need to work on my ab control / hip flexors so i can squat ATG without a butt wink (my high-bar is usually shoulder width or narrower stance). Struggle is real. Why did bikes have to ruin me?

Last edited:

my02

Likes Dirt
In that case I'll just have to meet you Northside!! (I work at North Ryde so no biggie).

Haven't tried HB Sq for a long time. I think my butt wink would turn me into a snail...

Nice t-shirt.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Seinfeld gains.

Shot two weddings over the weekend and my body is all sorts of messed up and I'm sleep deprived.

Thought I'd go heavier on conventional pulls. Got 160 beltless for an easy 5. 180 with belt for 3. 200 for 1 at about 6/10 hard. Things are now getting interesting....

I think I can get at least 210 conventional and 220 sumo right now.

Turns out getting fat makes you stronger hehe

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Had a crack at 180kg today. Had my friend (a PT that works there) ready to catch me if I failed, but he caught me way too early (he is a body builder). I'm confident I would have gotten the rep if I kept pushing, but he pushed for me. A bit disappointed, but I know it's there next time. Either way I got the rep (with a spot).

Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 4.06.03 PM.jpg

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Back to back 1rms have destroyed me. Feel like a sack of shit today.

Still managed sloppy 80kg hang power cleans for sets of 3. I think that's a PR. :)

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Back to back 1rms have destroyed me. Feel like a sack of shit today.

Still managed sloppy 80kg hang power cleans for sets of 3. I think that's a PR. :)

Do you follow a program at all? Back to back maxes will definitely destroy you!

When I was doing oly lifting, our squat programming (for example) would work in 4 week cycles. Basically consisting of variations of high volume at around 75 - 90%, 3 - 4 sessions per week. After that cycle we would test some maxes. Then back to the cycle. I saw huge improvement, not just from myself, but others following that program too...

Edit - we rarely, if ever, tested singles too, it was usually a 3RM, sometimes a double.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Do you follow a program at all? Back to back maxes will definitely destroy you!

When I was doing oly lifting, our squat programming (for example) would work in 4 week cycles. Basically consisting of variations of high volume at around 75 - 90%, 3 - 4 sessions per week. After that cycle we would test some maxes. Then back to the cycle. I saw huge improvement, not just from myself, but others following that program too...

Edit - we rarely, if ever, tested singles too, it was usually a 3RM, sometimes a double.
Yeah I follow a program that I wrote/write with my brother. Generally 6 weeks with a deload on 7th week.

Monday this week was just for curiosity to see how my conventional dead was feeling. Tuesday I went to the gym with a girl, so, you know.

my02

Likes Dirt
Nice work!

I was at a gym in Redfern on Tuesday. There was a guy in there who I thought could have been you but as he walked past me he was a good few inches taller than me and was also doing triples with 260 conventional when I left. Impressive stuff! I've never seen 220 get ripped off the floor so quickly!

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Nice work!

I was at a gym in Redfern on Tuesday. There was a guy in there who I thought could have been you but as he walked past me he was a good few inches taller than me and was also doing triples with 260 conventional when I left. Impressive stuff! I've never seen 220 get ripped off the floor so quickly!
Damn. Haha, I wish that was me!

How're your lifts going?

my02

Likes Dirt
Damn. Haha, I wish that was me!

How're your lifts going?
Pretty well thanks although it's been a little inconsistent since Easter.

I'm currently on a one week trial at a gym near home (normally train next to office). Gym has proper kit with DL bars that almost slash your hands!

Monday was squats. I wanted to work on my technique so nothing earth shattering. Still need to analyse my best / most suitable technique (ie, low bar but a bit more quad, high bar and more upright etc). Nothing special.

Tuesday was BP - shown how to set up properly so was hitting 120 for 5x5 and feeling pretty comfortable.

Last night was DL and a little strange! 180 is my current PB but last night on a proper platform, official Eleiko plates and bar we were doing 6 sets of 4 with 160 with plenty left in the tank. I then tried a 10mm belt which made the same weight even easier. Somehow the set up at this gym seems different than my usual. I felt like I had a better set up position. I wanted to try a PB but the coach said to leave it for another time. I reckon with a belt I'd be close to 190-195. It certainly lifted my spirits for a 200-220 DL by year end (might have to re think that goal).

OHP is currently 92.5. I think I should get my 100 for EOY but I think I need some technique coaching.

Re-testing is end of June. Hopefully DL should go up well enough but I think my SQ will be lagging.

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
I've been reading along but with not much to contribute. Some big weights being moved in here, good job guys.

Have had 12 months of injury after injury. Office life is killing me. Currently battling nerve damage in my knee and can't remember the last time I moved anything off the floor over 80kg.

MY02, what gym in Redfern were you at? I'm shopping around for somewhere decent. I left Anytime Fitness Alexandria because it got ridiculously crowded, tried out the PCYC in redfern which did the job for a while but that turned to shit, now at Allsorts in Alexandria.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
I've been reading along but with not much to contribute. Some big weights being moved in here, good job guys.

Have had 12 months of injury after injury. Office life is killing me. Currently battling nerve damage in my knee and can't remember the last time I moved anything off the floor over 80kg.

MY02, what gym in Redfern were you at? I'm shopping around for somewhere decent. I left Anytime Fitness Alexandria because it got ridiculously crowded, tried out the PCYC in redfern which did the job for a while but that turned to shit, now at Allsorts in Alexandria.
Check out Lift Performance Centre. All their gear is top-end and it seems to be frequented only by lifters, so it must be good. I think it's somewhere around $20/week with no contracts.

Never been - but heard and seen great things.

my02

Likes Dirt
What size heel do you have Callan. LPC suggested I'd benefit from lifting shoes given my height (6'4").

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
I have Nike romaleos. They are 0.75" heel from memory. I basically wouldn't buy any lifting shoe but these or adipowers (or do-win if on budget).

id disagree with what they say. If you can't squat deep enough in flat shoes then you need to work on that. It certainly makes high bar, front squats and cleans better, but low bar / general strength I wouldn't bother getting these shoes. I'd get reebok crossfit lite TR. I have a pair for everything else and they're incredible

Is mobility a problem for you? It certainly is for me but that is not necessarily a height issue