Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
I've been playing around with different setups for squats and pulls lately. It's amazing how your mind can affect your performance.

After focusing on a much quicker warmup and setup, got 160kg low bar for an easy ish 3 reps. Confident of a 175-80 squat now I think. Gonna test all my maxes in 3 weeks or so.

Dilstub

Likes Dirt
Restested a few maxes yesterday, coming into a knee reco so currently doing a heap of lower body work. hit a 115 front squat and a 55kg hang snatch+OHS from the hip, pretty happy with it. deadlifts tonight, hoping to pyramid up to 190 with a belt.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Restested a few maxes yesterday, coming into a knee reco so currently doing a heap of lower body work. hit a 115 front squat and a 55kg hang snatch+OHS from the hip, pretty happy with it. deadlifts tonight, hoping to pyramid up to 190 with a belt.
Nice work! OHS kill me.

So, I worked out the secret to my recent gains... Turns out I've put on 3kg!

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
170kg. Got 175 right after this but the camera failed. Felt like I could do it for a double at least. 180 soon!

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153243787372193[/video]

my02

Likes Dirt
My re-testing weeks are coming up next week (sq and OHP next week and BP and DL the week after).

Back in December (@120kg bw & 6'4).
Sq - 150
DL - 150
BP - 130
OHP - 80

By the end of the year I'm aiming for:

Sq - 180-200
DL - 200-220
BP - 160
Strict OHP - 100

Break down the difference between December and EOY, divide by 4 and you get my goals for each quarter.

I managed some easy 160 DL singles on Saturday. Goal for this qtr is 170kg without a belt.

Bench is back up to 140kg today so might hit 142.5kg when its test time.....maybe. Still, I'm ahead of my first quarter goal.

*Sq - multiple sets of 3 @140 last week so hoping that a 160 beltless is close next week.

OHP - set of 3 @ 80kg. Feel that at least 85kg is on the cards before Easter.

* I've had a 10 year break from squats so I'm hoping that getting the movement sorted will bring the numbers back up.

For a bit of fun a couple of weeks ago I loaded up the squat bar supports at just quarter squats height and worked up to 240kg (bar only moves about 8-10"). When I went straight back down to 180kg it felt like I could have banged out a solid full depth rep!! Have you guys tried this before going for gym PRs or do you think it will sap too much enerrgy?

my02

Likes Dirt
180DL.

Happy with that.

Callan, I think you're right re a belt. I think I could have easily had another 10kg if I had a belt.
Inzers are hard to come by though.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
By the end of the year I'm aiming for:

Sq - 180-200
DL - 200-220
BP - 160
Strict OHP - 100

For a bit of fun a couple of weeks ago I loaded up the squat bar supports at just quarter squats height and worked up to 240kg (bar only moves about 8-10"). When I went straight back down to 180kg it felt like I could have banged out a solid full depth rep!! Have you guys tried this before going for gym PRs or do you think it will sap too much enerrgy?
Solid goals! I need to work on my bench more. I'd like 120kg bench this year (currently somewhere between 105-110 I estimate). My goals most recently were a 400lbs squat (in the bag), 300lbs bench (long way off) and a 500lbs pull (i think it's close). My 5rm (ish) deadlift is 180kg, which would roughly put my 1rm to around 220kg. 500 lbs = 226.8kg

I don't know how much carry-over the high rack squats would give to a raw lifter. That's probably something Grrilla should be answering I guess! I do heavy walk-outs with a 3-5s hold once a week for 5 sets. I definitely wouldn't do this before going for a PR.

180DL.

Happy with that.

Callan, I think you're right re a belt. I think I could have easily had another 10kg if I had a belt.
Inzers are hard to come by though.
Boom! How good is that feeling of hitting 4 plates? My belt added 10kg the first day I used it. You're welcome to give my belt a go, but I'll be moving to DY in two weeks if you want to before then.

I got a 13mm Lever:

http://www.inzernet.com/search_resu...aramVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&iLevel=1

http://www.loadedlifting.com.au/p/8764754/inzer-forever-lever-belt-13mm.html

http://www.innerstrengthproducts.ca/leverbelt13mm

I got mine from Inner Strength (based in Canada) because I was impatient and wanted blue. Everywhere keeps plenty of black in stock I believe, though if you want specific colours Inzer will make them for you, but will allegedly take 4-8 weeks.

my02

Likes Dirt
Yeah that 180 felt pretty good (very happy). There was possibly a couple of extra kg in there but I was so happy with 180 I sort of tuned out. If you're around Randwick after Easter (perhaps Thurs 2nd / Fri 3rd) I will take you up on the offer to have a go with the belt.

It sounds like your 500lb DL is very close. Perhaps after Easter could be the time?? ;-)

My SQ re-test was due today but when warming up with 100 felt tiring I canned it and tried front SQ instead. Managed 110 for one after figuring out what felt like a good technique (nowhere near as wide a stance as my normal SQ). I'm thinking that 140 might be a good goal for EOY but I don't know where I should put it in my training plan without affecting the other 4 lifts.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Yeah that 180 felt pretty good (very happy). There was possibly a couple of extra kg in there but I was so happy with 180 I sort of tuned out. If you're around Randwick after Easter (perhaps Thurs 2nd / Fri 3rd) I will take you up on the offer to have a go with the belt.

It sounds like your 500lb DL is very close. Perhaps after Easter could be the time?? ;-)

My SQ re-test was due today but when warming up with 100 felt tiring I canned it and tried front SQ instead. Managed 110 for one after figuring out what felt like a good technique (nowhere near as wide a stance as my normal SQ). I'm thinking that 140 might be a good goal for EOY but I don't know where I should put it in my training plan without affecting the other 4 lifts.
Front squats will help your other lifts a lot. 110 is solid! I move on April 10.

I wasn't planning to max out today (had a sleep deprived week on the Gold Coast last week, haha!) but my housemate provoked me.

Got a 12.5kg PR on my sumo for a 212.5kg pull. Felt preeeeeeetty easy. Planning to try 5 plates in a month or so. 220kg pull and 180 squat puts me way ahead of schedule for the year :).

11082794_10153263276347193_1621365136_n.jpg

In other news, I wrote myself a new program today with way more upper-body volume, I'm all kind of out of proportion, haha! Stupid squats and deads...

my02

Likes Dirt
Congrats! You must be thrilled with that PB. Think you could get similar in Conv? I doubt I could even rack pull that at the mo, esp with no straps.

Our gym got a Prowler in today - took it for a quick spin on the tennis court after my squats - that taught me a lesson in copnditioning!! But I've realised that the pushing handles can be removed and potentially be used for a form of thick handle DL or farmers walk. Could be a bit of fun after the main DL work.

If you're not manic doing your house move on Thursday 9th, perhaps we could pencil that in?

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Congrats! You must be thrilled with that PB. Think you could get similar in Conv? I doubt I could even rack pull that at the mo, esp with no straps.

Our gym got a Prowler in today - took it for a quick spin on the tennis court after my squats - that taught me a lesson in copnditioning!! But I've realised that the pushing handles can be removed and potentially be used for a form of thick handle DL or farmers walk. Could be a bit of fun after the main DL work.

If you're not manic doing your house move on Thursday 9th, perhaps we could pencil that in?
Awesome! My gym got one a few months ago too, I think they just got some farmers handles in too. Keen to give them ago some time.

In other gym related news, Fitness First in DY doesn't have any good power bars, so I might be moving to http://animalkingdomgym.com.au/. Keen to check it out anyway, they said they have a bunch of Ironedge power bars, and if they're as good as their Oly bars I'll be happy.

I've got pretty good grip strength, just keep tearing my callus when I do such an aggressive quick setup (don't quite get a good grip on the bar), but my deads are slow off the ground so I need the speed (I would pull less with straps!). Something I've factored into my new program, going to do loads more conventional for quad development.

I'm shooting a wedding on the 9th but I may be able to go before or after depending on the times (will have to let you know).

What time would you be at the gym?