Sam Hill signed with CRC Nukeproof for 2013

D.HILL817

Likes Dirt
What i here is Sam Hill has signed with Chain Reaction Cycles for the 2013 world cup season.

http://www.downhiller.de/index.php/67-crc-nukeproof/428-sam-hill-faehrt-2013-fuer-crcnukeproof
(Translated text from the link above below)

Team CRC / Nukeproof is proud to welcome a legend from Australia on his team. Sam Hill is now with Matt Simmonds and Joe Smith, the upcoming 2013 Rocky Roads UCI Mountain Bike World Cup season contest.

With five world titles and countless World Cup podiums, one Sam Hill of the most talented riders in the world, the mercilessly for his risky but profitable line of choice is known , the decision to the CRC / Nukeproof team to join Sam not much hard, who said: "I am delighted for the Chain Reaction Cycles / Nukeproof team to go. They are right behind the Downhill Racing and I know that they do exactly as I always 100%. " Matt Simmonds and Joe Smith both had hope their most successful downhill season as a pro this year and with Sam Hill as a new team member they be further increased to. Matt said: "One driver of Sam's caliber in the team to have is just amazing. With the 16th Place in the overall ranking of the World Cup this year, I am very satisfied with and are in a good position to improve my times and so get closer to the podium. "

Joe Smith finished the 2012 season as 19ter in the overall ranking and is quite happy when he thinks about the upcoming season: "drive as seventh in Fort Bill to the finish was definitely a highlight of the season and then finish still end up in the top 20 of the year to is fantastic. With the help of the team and a few tweaks to my driving technique should be similar the next season well. " Team Manager Nigel Page said: "I am delighted that Sam has decided to join our team. I'm a fan of him since his career began. Sam has five world championship titles to his credit and is a fantastic ambassador for any company that is in the bike sports actively. we create the last five seasons, worked hard to make a good team and material and I believe that with Sam's influence to a new level can occur and also improve the results of Matt and Joe are. We are delighted to have Sam Hill on board to our Nukeproof to improve products and hopefully we can help Sam to reach his goals. I can hardly wait until the season starts 2013er! "

For me i am not really happy with this, Sam and Specialized work well over the 4-5 years he was with them, creating the one the best downhill bikes money can buy and also giving them there best results ever in world cup racing.

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
I'd imagine something that big if true would be posted on the CRC website, which it isn't.
Sam would have to cut ties with so many of his long term sponsors to ride CRC, I just cant see it happening.

heavyp

You heard it here first
I'm very excited about riding for team Chain Reaction Cycles/Nukeproof. They are very positive towards downhill racing and I know they are going to put in 100% just like me. I'm really looking forward to getting to the races under the Chain Reaction Cycles tents and hanging with the team. 2013 is going to be a good year.
- Sam Hill

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Sam-Hill-Signs-With-Team-CRCNukeproof.html

Be interesting to know who the team rumours person is and why they are aloud to basically start them and know hats going on on all teams ?

I knows there 6 months to the first race but if you look at sams instagram and have a look what hes eating, hes going to fit right in with the british team

Last edited:

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats really shit news . Hills got a few more years in him and this is like throwing in the towel . I dough well see him on the podium again .

rone

Eats Squid
Thats really shit news . Hills got a few more years in him and this is like throwing in the towel . I dough well see him on the podium again .
Team CRC want to win. I assume that Sam still wants to win. The Nukeproof is a proven winner. How is this bad news?

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
How is this bad news?
Because now all the Sam Hill wannabees have to sell their Demo 8's

"Any demo8 owners want to get rid of their demo8 for free, now that specialized will no longer be cool... send one my way I'm happy to be uncool"

heavyp

You heard it here first
This deal prob involves the sales of the bikes, just think how many bikes/frames they will sell now they are already an affordable price (there are a shit load in the UK already) just think how many people will want one all over the world now with Sam throwing his leg over, it worked for specialized and look how expensive there bikes are.

He has 6 months to work on the frame and geo and get jacey and sram doing there thing Im sure it will be a faster bike than it is already.

bigred86

Likes Bikes
hope so.then my bike will finally be "cool" and "proven".ha ha

seriously though i hope he gets his confidence and race speed back..couple of years ago he could probably have won on a huffy.LOL.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Also Joe Smith and Matt Simmonds are fast riders both finished in the top 10 at fort bill last year and Matt finished with an overall of 18th not bad at all, once they get a new tweaked frame from Sams input maybe even some Blackbox love and have Sam to do runs with and learn from they could be the top 10 riders by seasons end.

I think this is a move that will get good results for the team and good results in sales a win win for CRC

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I guess we might find out whether Sam's influence in re-designing the demo was a big factor in making it amazing.