Scott 24 roll call

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well with 10 days to go it's time to find out who is going, what your riding etc.

I'm riding solo singlespeed.

I've had to massacre my nice clean singlespeed set up so that I can run a gear that I think I can ride all day and night. My bike looks like Fankensteins bride now, gone is the nice White Industries ENO eccentric hub and ENO freewheel, as there are no 21T freewheels in the country, so on goes a normal hub with a Endless 20T cog, and a Surly singleator.
Also gone is the Boone Ti 34T chainring on M952 cranks, replaced with a 32T chainring on a Middleburn spider. Also making an appearance after a few years are bar ends:D at this point I'm thinking function over form and the bar ends will give me another hand position and a bit of extra leverage for climbing.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
If you can get it off my wheel there's an ACS Claws 20 tooth freewheel you can use.

I'll be on the pr0n SS bike. Probably with the Surly 1x1 standing by for old times sake and possibly will have a guest appearance of another sekrit bike. Dont think I'll go down as far as 32:20, still decidering.

Last edited:

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
I'm on a mixed team of 6 this year as their token male rider.

If you see a bloke with some pinke tulle and a tiara on his helmet, a long blonde wig with a ponytail including pink and gold ribbons, a pink satin skirt over his knicks and riding a turquoise Yeti AS-R then that'll be me. :eek: :eek:

Something tells me I'm just not taking this seriously...

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
You know you want to look...:D

And hey, Lance would say "It's not about the bike."

Last edited:

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
mark me down. riding in a team of 4 blokes. we're aiming to crack it for top 25 but as long as i get 5 laps i'll be happy :D

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep I'll be there as part of a mixed pair.

I'll be on my Turner Flux and Miss Jane will be on her Turner Burner. We'd like a top 3 finish in the mixed pairs but we'll see how we're going after the first few hours and go from there.

We're both unlikely to stand out in the crowd (bikes included) but if you spot us say hi. :)

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
I'm in a Team of 6 Guys, I'll most likely be riding a specialized Epic, but if I can get them to a state that is somewhat reliable, I'd like to take my Proflex's for a race (anyone get rear shocks for a proflex 955???). We will see what happens though.

I'm hoping to personally get in 4 laps, 5 if someone in the team doesn't pull their weight. I'm in deep thought at the moment as to what beverages to stock the esky with.

positron

Likes Bikes
It will be my 6th solo 24hr on a single speed (3rd Scott/Mont solo).

It looks like there will be some stiff competition (looking at the entry list) in the SS feild. Does anyone know if Patrick Jones riding on a SS as there is no SS next to his name?

I will be running two single speed both geared 36x18. The course does not have any nasty climbs so 2:1 is a pritty easy gear.

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Sorry, 0% fairy, 100% princess (so no wings and wand I'm afraid)
Our mixed 6 is called The Precious Princesses.

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
I'll be there in a team of four male, team Scott's of the singletrack, as I'll be riding a NRS I won't stick out in the crowd but it's a red one with Fox forks we'll be camped somewhere along the finishing straight.

Three best words from a team mate so far... "Got a Heater" no more cold 24 hour races in Canberra.
See you all there.

Bodin

GMBC
Team of 3 for me. 2 old MTBers (me & Peto) on nice bikes and a seriously fit Ironman triathlete (Pete) on a crap bike. Me and Peto are handling the first and last laps, along with all of the night laps, as Pete's got no experience with night riding, but he's fit enough to ride all day, so he's doing all of the day laps. Riding two 5-hour blocks either side of a night's sleep will not be a stretch for him, as that's basically how much he usually trains anyway. Me and Peto just need to keep his bike working.

Based on mine and Peto's appalling levels of fitness (we're talking zero preparation for this race due to injuries and work commitments over the last 4 months), we're aiming for a team minimum of 12 laps, but with a bit of luck, I'm hoping we can get 15. Still probably not competitive in the male 3s, but I'm just going there to laugh at FR Drew. :D

DaGonz

Eats Squid
For some maybe:eek: I'm basically soft
I'll be bringing the Zaskar with 2:1 incase the spec breaks, clogs with mud/dust/whatever... It might not be all that hilly as a one off lap, but don't know if I'd have the legs to push 2:1 for 15 or 16 :/

Cheers
Gonz