Scott 24 roll call

demo man

Used to be cool.
I'll be there, from Friday through sunday, staying on-site the whole time (probably).

I doubt I'll touch a bike the whole weekend though, unless one crashes into me and my camera....

Yeah, expect my bestest video ever. I'm more excited about this video than i have been about any other video ever. yew! this next week won't go past fast enough!!

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Sam, I haven't hit you at any DH races, but everything happens slower on the XC bike.

So, more time to line you up and bring you down.

Start running (actually, if your getting away from me, just walk).

Look forward to seeing the vid.

demo man

Used to be cool.
Sam, I haven't hit you at any DH races, but everything happens slower on the XC bike.

So, more time to line you up and bring you down.

Start running (actually, if your getting away from me, just walk).

Look forward to seeing the vid.

Yes, but from what i saw last year on those bridges more crashes happen there in half an hour than at an entire 2 day DH event!

I'd run from you, but only if you're crashing. You have some sort super-human skill that allows you to have a 100km/hr crash after riding only 5km/hr into a bump.

fatnold

Likes Bikes and Dirt
missus and me..mixed pair. i'm aiming for 7 laps. she can do the rest. i'll be on an enduro with red hadley hubs, she will be on a stumpy with pink CK hubs. say something positive as you pass us.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
What training have Farkiners being undertaking.
Mostly road riding to and from work and some long road rides on the weekend. I've increased the miles in the last few weeks and dropped the intensity, as well as stopped motorpacing at the track.
I've done buckleys and none.... Took me a fair bit longer to recover from the 12hr completely than I expected. was starting to feel strong again last weekend but have been feeling flat all week.

I read all these stories of people doing 300-400km weeks, I barely get in at 200km's for a week... or maybe 10 hours tops!

one biggish ride this weekend on road, maybe a 50k'er on dirt + a bit of fun on the SS and that'll be it I think...

Either I'm going to be peeking nicely... or I'm so screwed!

Cheers
Gonz

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I read all these stories of people doing 300-400km weeks, I barely get in at 200km's for a week... or maybe 10 hours tops!
That's because you won't meet me at 5am to ride:D There's all these hours for riding at that end of the day that you don't see.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
That's because you won't meet me at 5am to ride:D There's all these hours for riding at that end of the day that you don't see.
Meh was planning to make it at this stage... just havn't emailed you yet :)

Cheers
Gonz - 5 in the what!

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Are you just trying to break him before the race even starts to help Mr Dreggs take the mtb-oz solo title? Take your fixie and give him a go on that down Waterfall.

Rob

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Take your fixie and give him a go on that down Waterfall.

Rob
Are you reading my mind el preSSidente? I was just giving my roadie a quick going over, and I seem to have some "issues" at the moment. If I can't fix them today at work, then I will be riding the fixie:D

Macr

Likes Dirt
I'm in a team of 6 called Team Land Anchor (yes it is a TLA :rolleyes:). I'll be the one hurting on a SC Bullit. We are part of the Defence corporate team. 5 males and 1 female on our team. Should have fun.

ben1973

Likes Dirt
were in.
team of 3 male
ive also admired the hubs of mrs fatnold as she has hurtled through the wild landscape of yarramundee (obviously from a respectable distance).

Dumbellina

Likes Dirt
Why not sleep in and ride during work time?

I have also noticed more glass on the roads, and more bits of trees from the windy Sunday, and more sand???? It spooks you on the dark cycleways when an unseen and reasonably sized stick throws you off your line.

Bodin

GMBC
It spooks you on the dark cycleways when an unseen and reasonably sized stick throws you off your line.
...especially when you hit them lengthways and your front wheel just rolls off the side of them. Truly a brown chamois moment...

I'm expecting similar moments in the dead of night in the middle of the forest when it's cold and things hurt more than usual...

projectsplat

The film guy
I'll be there, from Friday through sunday, staying on-site the whole time (probably).

I doubt I'll touch a bike the whole weekend though, unless one crashes into me and my camera....

Yeah, expect my bestest video ever. I'm more excited about this video than i have been about any other video ever. yew! this next week won't go past fast enough!!
Hey Sam,

You have probably seen more of the track than anyone on Farkin, what do you think is the best choice of rig - hardtail or light duallie?

Cheers

Al
- yes, I just got an invite to join a team who is a member down. I have got an hour or so to make a decision.

Macr

Likes Dirt
I believe light duallie would be better, by the information I have received. Oh and don't believe the new posted map on the website. That will not be the trail. It won't be revealed until Tuesday.