Sleep: How much do you get a day?

How many hours of sleep do you get a day?

• 9-10

Votes: 40 13.0%
  • 8-9

Votes: 61 19.9%
  • 7-8

Votes: 101 32.9%
  • 6-7

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • 5-6

Votes: 37 12.1%
  • Less than five!

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • None, I'm on gas!

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I've been peeking an average of around 5 and 1/2 hours of sleep per night for about a week now and it really isn't doing me any good. I don't find it that difficult to get up and go to work (start work at 6am most days), the problem is more to do with how I cope at work.

Lack of concerntration is a bit of a danger as falls, slips and drowning are quite a realistic hazard at work, not to mention the added pressure of handling dangerous chemicals, driving work utes/boats and treating water for 80, 000 people.
  • 9-10
  • 8-9
  • 7-8
  • 6-7
  • 5-6
  • Less than five!
  • None, I'm on gas!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Between working late hours, having little kids and getting up for early dawn bike rides, I'm lucky to get 6 hrs. 7 hrs is a sleep in.

Makes one feel a bit cruddy, but as you get older you do seem to need less sleep or maybe you get more used to less sleep?

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
I have trouble getting to sleep so i go to bed at 10 and fall to sleep at 12. I wake up at 7 so yeah about 7-8 hours.

EDIT: Who are the lucky bastards getting 9-10 hours?

Last edited:

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bang on 8 hours, any more or less and i'm nobody's friend at work the following day! (or have micro sleeps driving to work :eek:)

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
I'm a sales rep. So works days are usually 8am wakeup, home before school zones kick in. I go to bed around midnight, asleep by 12:30-1:00.

:D

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
Somewhere between 5 - 6 on a weeknight & 6 - 7 on a weekend depending on how badly the children are behaving.

RCOH

Eats Squid
Between working late hours, having little kids and getting up for early dawn bike rides, I'm lucky to get 6 hrs. 7 hrs is a sleep in.

Makes one feel a bit cruddy, but as you get older you do seem to need less sleep or maybe you get more used to less sleep?

+1

I am happy if I get 6 straight hours - currently I am getting between 5 and 6 broken hours of sleep.

Laurie

Likes Dirt
Not enough! Isn't it amazing how fucked up your body becomes after just not getting enough sleep for one night. After pulling a few all nighters at uni I've made sure I get my assessment dont early. The nodoze pills might keep your body awake but your mind has already drifted off. I once spent half an hour trying to write one sentence in a sleep deprived state. I read it later and it was absolute rubbish. One time after being awake for 48hrs straight I was a mess: dizziness, nauseas, gritty eyes, I couldn't balance properly or even keep my eyes open. Some how I managed to get home on my bike. It's worse than being really pissed

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
Not enough! Isn't it amazing how fucked up your body becomes after just not getting enough sleep for one night. After pulling a few all nighters at uni I've made sure I get my assessment dont early. The nodoze pills might keep your body awake but your mind has already drifted off. I once spent half an hour trying to write one sentence in a sleep deprived state. I read it later and it was absolute rubbish. One time after being awake for 48hrs straight I was a mess: dizziness, nauseas, gritty eyes, I couldn't balance properly or even keep my eyes open. Some how I managed to get home on my bike. It's worse than being really pissed
I stayed up for just one night at a party and in the morning when i got picked up i had all those symptoms. When i got home i went to sleep for 8-9 hours and was convinced it was the next day.

Over 10 hours regularly.

I'm classified as unemployed (or should that be unemployable) so I just bum around doing pretty much whatever I feel like. (those who know what I do, know that I can wipe my own arse with Monash)

I find that sleeping past your needed hours gives you some pretty vivid dreams if you sleep in a pitch black room. Lucid dreaming is supposed to be a whacko fringe thing, but I don't classify it like that anymore.

Last edited:

S.

ex offender
7-8hours usually. Less than that and I'm really tired, especially if I do that a few days in a row. More than 9 or 10 and I get a stiff back for the whole next day.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
I work n/shift 3 nights a week and get about 7 hours sleep during the day,when i am on days off,it becomes about 8-9 hours,i love my sleep!

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
duing uni terms, i get about.. 7-8 on weeknights, when i have uni next day, when i have work next day, about 5-6..

weekends some times i will only sleep 4-5 hours firday night, and 8 hours sunday night,. no sleep on satdy, due to going out, and going to work in the monring with no sleep. im pretty awsome.

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
5-6 for me. I tell myself to get to bed earlier every night but it never happens.

Like breaka, and many others, its pretty stupid for me.. I work with some pretty dangerous stuff and one stuff up could pretty easily have you missing a finger, eye, foot.

Its a real task to stay focused when I’m doing a boring repetitive job like punching, drilling etc. I usually have to physically drag myself outside and throw my head under the tap to wake myself up :eek:. I managed to get my thumb caught in the drill when I was half asleep the other day. I'm damn lucky I only came out with a huge bruise.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
5-6 for me. I tell myself to get to bed earlier every night but it never happens.
Yeah, compromising personal time for works' sake is something I'm not prepared to do.

Funny story. I turn on my alarm every night before going to bed, double checking the current time, alarm time and am/pm setting. Last night I fucked it and set the current time two hours earlier than it actually was. So I wake up to an alarm buzzing in my ear look up and think "shit, is it 5 already?". I then hop out of bed, get dressed, have a quick coffee and clean my teeth and put my boots on. As I was walking out the door I turn on my phone and the time says it's 3:15am.....I think "faaark no way, some pricks messed with the time", run and check the house clock which reveals that the time really is 3:15am. Fuck. Undress, lay in bed and wait until 5:00 and then do the same shit again...