Sleep: How much do you get a day?

How many hours of sleep do you get a day?

• 9-10

Votes: 40 13.0%
  • 8-9

Votes: 61 19.9%
  • 7-8

Votes: 101 32.9%
  • 6-7

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • 5-6

Votes: 37 12.1%
  • Less than five!

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • None, I'm on gas!

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters

Tye

Likes Dirt
I get plenty of sleep. But I know my dad thinks himself lucky to get more than 3 hours straight. He's just constantly stressing about work and shit.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
posted earlier, sleeping habits have changed, since im back at uni after holidays.

generaly aim for 7.5-8 hours a weeknight, try to get in bed before 11.. usualy get up about 7 30 for uni.
on work days, same sleep time, but get up at 5 30.

weekends involve late night earlier starts on satdy. going to bed at like 2-3 gettin up at 6 to go fishing.

sundays are my sleep all day.

It is actauly HARDER and i am more tired duing the day now, then i was when i was goin got bed at 11, getting up at 6 every day.
I spose as my get up time changes so much every day, my body cant get into a routine.

what i do find is, if i dont get up, and say sleep in to about 10 on a weekday, the whole day i am so tired. it sucks.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anywhere from 80-100 hours in a 336 hour working fortnight. Three weeks is a struggle. Four weeks and if I'm busy the whole time, I end up pretty wired and don't sleep properly at all for the last few days. Kind of like a bad, bad, jet lag that takes 3-4 days to recover from when home. I once worked for 6 weeks straight with some flights in between and I swear I was hallucinating on the flight home.
I have witnessed people sort of lose the plot due to fatigue/stress and have to be sent home.

Last edited:

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
Anywhere from 80-100 hours in a 336 hour working fortnight. Three weeks is a struggle. Four weeks and if I'm busy the whole time, I end up pretty wired and don't sleep properly at all for the last few days.
lol 336, is 7 days, 24 hours a day, i much preferred your original amount of 272, atleast you got 1 day a week of then!

wait im lost, how can you WORK 336 hours in a 2 weeks, and sleep for 80-100.. would that mean you are only working 216 hours max?

It's called oversleeping, and it's just as likely to make you feel as tired as not sleeping enough is.

probaly a contributing factor to my current hang over as well.. went to bed at like 10 30, up at 12. tired as ... well something really damn tired. maybe a sloth.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lol 336, is 7 days, 24 hours a day, i much preferred your original amount of 272, atleast you got 1 day a week of then!

wait im lost, how can you WORK 336 hours in a 2 weeks, and sleep for 80-100.. would that mean you are only working 216 hours max?

probaly a contributing factor to my current hang over as well.. went to bed at like 10 30, up at 12. tired as ... well something really damn tired. maybe a sloth.

O.k. I was on call 24/7 for 2 weeks = 336 potential working hours.
If I averaged out my sleep time over this 336 hours, It works out to approx 3 hours sleep per day.
14 days at 3 hours per day = 42 hours total spread over two weeks (336 potential working hours).

336 -42 = 294 working hours in two weeks, with 42 hours total sleep in this time
This sounds, and feels, about right for the last trip. An average of a 147 hour week for two weeks.

Allowing for meals and computer/DVD/ping pong , that would cut this 147 back to 120 hours per week

I got home Thursday evening I have had 6 hours sleep since. My error highlights what lack of sleep will do to my mathematical agility:eek:

I so want to sleep.

Hope that sorted you confusion as it has mine:eek:

Funny thing is, I've been asked if I can go away on Monday for 5 days. I said no.

Last edited:

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For any contributors interested:

SBS, Insight, Tuesday April 28th 19:30. The discussion will be "Sleep, How much do we need?' or something along those lines

Last edited:

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
Weekdays: 00:00 - 06:30
Weekends: 00:00 - 09:00 (Unless working in which case it's the same as weekdays)

Loving the fact I'm no longer exhausted at Tafe during the week.

floody

Wheel size expert
5-6 hours generally. I work from about 10 am until midnight with a couple of gaps in there, get home about 00:30, It takes me a long time to go to sleep, then I have to get up around 7 to ferry my girlfriend around etc.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I get a good 8hrs sleep Sun-Thurs then friday nights and saturday nights have been 3-4hrs for the past 2 months.

It works out great too. Feel great and i'm never tired during the day.

zanus

Likes Dirt
9-10
i love being in year 9.
Wake up at 7 each morning, go to bed each night 10-11. Wake up happy and refreshed