Sleep: How much do you get a day?

How many hours of sleep do you get a day?

• 9-10

Votes: 40 13.0%
  • 8-9

Votes: 61 19.9%
  • 7-8

Votes: 101 32.9%
  • 6-7

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • 5-6

Votes: 37 12.1%
  • Less than five!

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • None, I'm on gas!

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
Tafe- Building Design Diploma :cool:

take it from some one that's done that course then moved onto architecture/construct management.... it only gets more time demanding.

yr 11, and 12, easy,. tafe, much like yr 12, pretty easy bit more work, .. uni.... geeeez a whole new world of study and work expectations.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i don't get much sleep, im haunted by my pass:(
I take is you mean your past. Nightmares? That has gotta be a challenge. I know someone who served in the armed forces and has struggled with establishing a healthy sleep pattern for years.

kholden_1992

Likes Dirt
I take is you mean your past. Nightmares? That has gotta be a challenge. I know someone who served in the armed forces and has struggled with establishing a healthy sleep pattern for years.
nar not nightmares, my thoughts deprive me of sleep.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
ahhh Kids ... can't live with 'em, can't smother them with a pillow late at night

5-6hrs of broken sleep on average ... for the last 4 years.

my wife's sleep habits are even worse ... although she prolly gets 7-8hrs ... nothing longer then 2-3hrs straight ... she is a superwoman.

I find that if I monitor my sleeping so that I wake up in the light sleep phase ... I'm heaps better rested.

eg if you sleep at 10pm ... you alternate from light to heavy sleep every 70mins
light = 10 - 11.10
heavy = 11.10 to 12.20
l = 12.20 to 1.30
h = 1.30 to 2.40
l = 2.40 to 3.50
h = 3.50 to 5.10
l = 5.10 to 6.20 ... so ideal wake up is 6am. for approx 8 hrs sleep

Problem is I usually go to sleep at 12 ish and I'm woken up with a kick at about 5am ... so sometimes I'm OK, but usually not.

norco01

Likes Dirt
95% of the people I went to school with would disagree there, what subjects are you taking?
English, Maths A, HPE, Graphics, Study Of Religion, Economics.

I cope pretty well, get my study+homework done by 5-530 each day. When my assignments come out i just break them up into small blocks each day, and am still usually done by around 6.

Dinner and shower between 6-8. Then bed around 10ish, up at 6am. It's great.

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
English, Maths A, HPE, Graphics, Study Of Religion, Economics.

I cope pretty well, get my study+homework done by 5-530 each day. When my assignments come out i just break them up into small blocks each day, and am still usually done by around 6.
Same here. Year 11 was so hyped up at my school as far as workload is concerned. All the teachers were like if you don't get organised your fucked, rarara. For me it's just been another start to the year, except we had exam block, which for me = riding time because i had all my exams, except for maths, on the first couple of days.

I'm doing Maths B, English, Legal Studies, Study of Religion, Physics and Art

Coped well enough last term, when assignments were due and I hadn't started, the latest I stayed up was like 11 or 12.

That said, I do next to no homework, I study when exams are coming up but I'm trying to change that.

normal night ill do assignments from like 7-10 a couple of weeks before its due and I'll be sweet.

Normally i get around 9hrs of sleep a night, in bed at 10-10:30, and up for school/work at 7-7:30.

I sometimes only get 5 hours. After school, work, homework and whatever else I had planned to do it can sometimes be 2 before I go to bed. Which sucks because I end up really tired at school and end up forgetting everything I need to learn. Thus creating more homework and less sleep and it just keeps going and going until the holidays arrive and its hibernation mode for 2 weeks.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, couldn't imagine getting the same little sleep some of you guys get.

My work is far too demanding to get away with 5 hours sleep without being killed, sacked or killing others ;)