So...I live in Perth now?

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're about to find out what a real summer feels like. My first summer in Perth it hit 40°c every day for two months. The two months either side were 36°c. Every. Fucking. Day.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Hmm must have been that year when Perth moved to Port Hedland

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah Canberra. Not many similarities between them in my book!
I went to Canberra a few year ago on a pseudo romantic get away. June long weekend, some bike riding, well ascertised truffle festival, fancy hotel...we would have gone elsewhere except everywhere else we considered was forecast to rain. The place was a ghost town. We had a good time none the less. That was my only recreational visit outside of childhood. Been there plenty as a public servant. The town always felt like it was full of dads...off to be after the news for an early start tomorrow.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went to Port Headland and Karratha for work. They were more like 45°c, in the shade.

Yes I think that's where most temperature readings are taken, Perth's definitely hotter than Melbourne, but I prefer dry heat in Perth to more humid lower temps in Sydney. We do average almost 10 days over 35 degrees in the two hottest months, which is definitely hotter than the other capitals, one of those things, bothers some people more than others.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fuck humidity.

Im a 15-25 window...unless it's snowing. Then I live for -3 to -8.

But fuck summer.
Well you are here at a perfect time of year then! Can't help with the snow, I have often wondered how hard it would be to build a 5,000m mountain down south ....

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
We do average almost 10 days over 35 degrees in the two hottest months, which is definitely hotter than the other capitals, one of those things, bothers some people more than others.
I remember reading that statistic before moving to Perth, and then I bought a pretty accurate thermometer and a laser thermometer to be sure. It was a complete load of crap. My place hit 40°c ambient every day.

Perth is somehow hotter in summer and colder in winter than Sydney!!! Someone also had the nerve to tell me that Cottesloe (the one with no waves and lots of sharks) was the best beach in the world. WTF!!!

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I remember reading that statistic before moving to Perth, and then I bought a pretty accurate thermometer and a laser thermometer to be sure. It was a complete load of crap. My place hit 40°c ambient every day.

Perth is somehow hotter in summer and colder in winter than Sydney!!! Someone also had the nerve to tell me that Cottesloe (the one with no waves and lots of sharks) was the best beach in the world. WTF!!!

It's an elaborate conspiracy of meterologists for over 150 + years, impressive stuff!

It is definitely both hotter in summer and colder in winter than Sydney, some kind of insulating effect from the Blue Mountains as I recall, someone more knowledgeable than me on the subject will be across it I'm sure.

Cottesloe is nearly as over rated as Bondi!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's an elaborate conspiracy of meterologists for over 150 + years, impressive stuff!

It is definitely both hotter in summer and colder in winter than Sydney, some kind of insulating effect from the Blue Mountains as I recall, someone more knowledgeable than me on the subject will be across it I'm sure.

Cottesloe is nearly as over rated as Bondi!
They're like the masonic guilds of old...

discofrank

Likes Dirt

remeber the temp is taken inside a shaded box! not outside "thermometers are placed inside instrument enclosures known as a Stevenson screen. A Stevenson screen is basically a box with louvres that allow air to circulate around the thermometer inside while protecting it from outside elements like rain and direct sunlight. "

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
remeber the temp is taken inside a shaded box! not outside "thermometers are placed inside instrument enclosures known as a Stevenson screen. A Stevenson screen is basically a box with louvres that allow air to circulate around the thermometer inside while protecting it from outside elements like rain and direct sunlight. "
So is the thermometer Alec Guinness or not?