Street rides - improvisation/inspiration/interpretation

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Went out for a ride today cuz I got a new guard sprocket for mah bee-em-eks. The only bike in the range that didn't come with a flip flop hub and I'm RFF. :( So figured I'd get some street time in and try to learn to do some grinds. Yeah, didn't happen. Never ridden the bmx for street before and it was a little scary--I get worried about going off anything higher than a curb tho. I'm such a wuss.....but this place (and a few stair sets close by) are awesome cuz they are all banked so you can hop off however high you feel like.

A dozen skater kids turned up and got kicked out 20 mins later, but I didn't so dunno what was up with that.. As they left one kid asked if I rode bikes as I rode past him...I told him no. Bit depressing later when I realised I am old enough to have been their parent... :shocked: :faint: Calls for a few whiskey and sodas I think.

So if anyone wants to ride here with me and hubs anytime just msg--especially if you can teach me how to do grinds. :) This is right by the weird multilevel fountain off the main drag. I am usually free during the day and we live really close. And the bmx & 4x track are nearby (but the 4x is totally blown out and shite right now).

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Had a great moonlit street cruise too last night. 21km of playing. But I wish we had the stuff you have to play on in my little town.... We need more "artworks" designed to benefit the riding fraternity here!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Had a great moonlit street cruise too last night. 21km of playing. But I wish we had the stuff you have to play on in my little town.... We need more "artworks" designed to benefit the riding fraternity here!
Get onto your concil! Imagine a promenade that featured various riding obstacles along the way. It would be great for the community by encouraging riding and exercise. Make them able to be ridden by bike scooter skateboard Rollerblades etc and everybody wins. They wouldn't even need to be world class death defying gnar to be fun.

Why do we live in a world of such exclusions?

DMan

Get onto your concil! Imagine a promenade that featured various riding obstacles along the way. It would be great for the community by encouraging riding and exercise. Make them able to be ridden by bike scooter skateboard Rollerblades etc and everybody wins. They wouldn't even need to be world class death defying gnar to be fun.

Why do we live in a world of such exclusions?
PP, when you're ready for a tree change come up here. $80K a year on council and you'd have to do fuck all, like they all do here, to fit in. But man could we get some cool street "upgrades". You'd have my vote!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
PP, when you're ready for a tree change come up here. $80K a year on council and you'd have to do fuck all, like they all do here, to fit in. But man could we get some cool street "upgrades". You'd have my vote!
You'll have to wait for the ice age...I cant hack that heat and humidity!

will2

Likes Dirt
Actually the guy that designed that area was a skateboarder. Subtle...but effective. The catch is that he didn't imagine how busy that intersection is when he designed it.
Yeah, I heard back in '06 when I was consticted there was barely a soul at the intersection. Oh how the times change.

DMan

You'll have to wait for the ice age...I cant hack that heat and humidity!
Wrong part of QLD matey. I'm at 900m inland. No humidity and at nights in summer it's incredibly rare that the temp doesn't drop below 18-20C. Winter is evil. Already had a -6c.
Plus with global warming the real estate here will skyrocket when Brisbane goes under....

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Wrong part of QLD matey. I'm at 900m inland. No humidity and at nights in summer it's incredibly rare that the temp doesn't drop below 18-20C. Winter is evil. Already had a -6c.
Plus with global warming the real estate here will skyrocket when Brisbane goes under....
Sounds like the perfect place to acquire 5000ha of land and declare a sovereign micro nation. The nation of MTB. Moorey would be the minister for internal affairs.

DMan

Man, if I could afford some land.. It's all granite boulders and shitty scrubby hill country around. Perfect for some bobcat landscaping. Immigration requirements to move to DManland would be mtb ownership and a shovel.

Sent from the USS Enterprise

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm struggling to believe Qld has such a place...are there barramundi or other large fish nearby?

Sounds like the perfect place to acquire 5000ha of land and declare a sovereign micro nation. The nation of MTB. Moorey would be the minister for internal affairs.
I think he could be up for a contract position on the Central Coast...just short term.

Man, if I could afford some land.. It's all granite boulders and shitty scrubby hill country around. Perfect for some bobcat landscaping. Immigration requirements to move to DManland would be mtb ownership and a shovel.

Careful with that axe Eugene.

DMan

Skeptic. We have coffee and electricity too. Sadly I'm 3hrs from the sea though.... I do miss my diving.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Skeptic. We have coffee and electricity too. Sadly I'm 3hrs from the sea though.... I do miss my diving.

I wouldn't miss the ocean, except for fishing. I didn't swim in it all summer this year.

DMan

You'd have to survive on creek and dam fishing. No sharks either...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You'd have to survive on creek and dam fishing. No sharks either...

Barramundi in the damn? If so...good enough. I don't care what I fish for, it just needs to weigh more than 5kg or fight like Bruce Lee. I'm not one for thinking a 30cm trout is a time well spent. A girlfriend of yesteryear had a dad that was into trout fishing. First time I met him he was telling me about some good catches etc. I told him they sounded like good sized live baits. Things went down hill from there.