STOLEN Suss Bronson CC

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Just trying to work out if that sticky post on the NSW MTB buy swap sell, is pro chops, or warning us he is a piece of shit? I took it as the later, his story is garbage, especially after still relisting it after being told it was stolen.

Also wondering why he has so many people that appear to fan boys defending him. He must be a great source of brojobs or something.

He might not have stolen it out of a van, but he appears to be complicit in trying to sell goods that he must have known where stolen, he also appears to be lying about how much he paid for it, saying x3 more than the advert said, to lessen his guilt I presume.

Garbage person.
wheres the sticky post?

which advert was 3x cheaper?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I think people are confused between a $900 stolen Bronson (which was not purchased by Chopdick) and a $2.5k stolen Hightower (which was purchased by Chopcock).

And I'm not even on Facespace.
A 2.5k Hightower when he took it to the local police station they didn’t verify it as matching any stolen bikes. Not to say it might not be but they didn’t have it on record so was told to take it away.

As of this afternoon, he also still has not had a response from Lusty.

However Dozer has confirmed the Hightower frame as stolen.

I still find it unusual that there’s no news out there about the theft apart from what’s been mentioned here. Normally this kind of thing is all over Narcbook, I guess there was the post on the Nsw Mtb trading group but it was deleted before I saw it. If someone could share anything regarding the original theft it would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
So I'm not 100% sure the Bronson was stolen, I just thought the ad looked very 'SUSPECT', what looked like a very new, latest model clean frame for $900.00 with only 'In good condition' as the text in the Ad.

For me that screams that the person advertising it has either no idea what the frame is worth, trying to sell it stupid quick, has missed a number, or has stupid amount of $$$ that it don't matter what they get for it.

For me I don't know of too many people that like loosing that much money, MOST will trying to get as close to what they paid for as they can!

stirk

Burner
Threads deleted, people covering their backs = dodgy.

Chops is a flipping douche, that was revealed years ago.

Going to next level douche and flipping known stolen goods is not a surprise,...….....even if not proven.

The panic post regarding reporting the potential theft to the police is a classic oh fuck moment.

Chops will get caught out again by burners.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Just trying to work out if that sticky post on the NSW MTB buy swap sell, is pro chops, or warning us he is a piece of shit? I took it as the later, his story is garbage, especially after still relisting it after being told it was stolen.
I'm an admin on that page and while I see it as a good source of selling and buying parts, it does attract some drama every now and then.
I deleted the threads about the stolen bikes once the Police were involved. I also deleted the thread that was created exclaiming certain people involved to be good or bad guys. Either way, its not the place for it and that page is better kept purely for selling and buying mountain bike gear and alerting a large attentive audience to potentially stolen goods.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So the frame is still for sale in qld? I guess if he can move it interstate before anything happens then he will have make some cash and not have done anything wrong?

Flow-Rider

Burner
I bet there was no Bronson in the first place
So the frame is still for sale in qld? I guess if he can move it interstate before anything happens then he will have make some cash and not have done anything wrong?
The frame has now been removed from the QLD sell site AFAIK.

He's a grubby shit trying to implicate others in his royal mess, I hope he is shitting his pants ATM.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Do you think police can be too brutal in cases like this?
In Saudi Arabia, I believe that convicted thieves can in certain circumstances, still get a hand amputated, possibly by a sword. Criminals convicted of theft here get off lightly in comparison.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Do you think police can be too brutal in cases like this?
Unknowingly anyone can end up buying hot second hands parts, this is just a fact of life but when something is brand new and heavily discounted it should have rung alarm bells in your head.

Myself, I would have asked for a copy of the original purchase receipt on something of that value and if the receipt looked suspect I would have rung the shop for conformation. Police detectives aren't dumb they see this sort of stuff almost everyday, it might not be a priority to them as they most likely got to deal with bigger issues but he will be on their radar for a long time and if the previous seller acknowledges chops knew it was hot, he will be in a world of trouble.