The Fixie Thread

'Ross

Eats Squid
Good ol fixie thread, haven't been here for a while:p In fact after I built mine up the last time I barely rode it, mostly because I'm a bitch and hate riding it up the hills here, and its easier to coast around on my ss mtb.

I think its time to make some decisions with all my bikes and parts and probably sell a lot of stuff, the options are:

Finish my SS roadie/pursuit bike which I was viewing as a long term goal...and sell all my fixie stuff OR

Turn my fixie into an SS somehow and paint it with some kind of awesome colours.

Decided to definitely quit fixed gear for now, probably have another crack in the future but coasting down hills and pedalling less is suiting my lazy attitude these days.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok need new drivetrain bits.

chainring is 5 bolt 135bcd or 79.5mm and 48tooth. any suggestions of good gear?

also a new chain, think i had a half link of some sort. thoughts?

cheers!

matt

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
What do you mean fancy seat? It is a Selle San Marco Rolls Saddle. "The "ace" of the Selle San Marco line and the long-time favorite of cycling enthusiasts the world the Rolls is famous for its top comfort and unmistakably smart line"

IronPony

Likes Bikes
Got a fixie today Its a work in progress needs longer stem, black seat, brake lever, clips and maybe some tubes wrapped round the frame

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My amazing bicycle

My Fixie by C........., on Flickr

The chain is now tight and Ill eventually remove all unused cogs. Just a question how do you remove an old style road cassette, so different to mountain bikes.

Last edited:

Five Miles Out

Likes Dirt
My amazing bicycle

My Fixie by C........., on Flickr

The chain is now tight and Ill eventually remove all unused cogs. Just a question how do you remove an old style road cassette, so different to mountain bikes.
I'm assuming it's a screw-on cassette...in which case use a freewheel tool or whatever its called, and use that to unscrew it (normal thread). Pretty much stick the tool where it fits and twist.

welfare

Cannon Fodder
this is my malvern star fixie. bought as is a few months ago as a freewheel and just put a fixed gear on it. waiting to build my second bike now