The Fixie Thread

fitbmx

Likes Bikes

at the lbs now getting headset pressed and steerer cut, waiting on bars and stem to arrive and its done, im excited!

fitbmx

Likes Bikes
Done finally :)

Still waiting on straps and bar/stem, and putting on an old selle italia saddle tomorrow when I can be bothered

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm a huge hater of them visp frames, but that is BY FAR the best looking example of one. Congrats.
Thank you, much appreciated sir.

I'll hopefully post my new bike up sometime this weekend. It'll be a good play bike that I can thrash a bit.

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mine currently, build cost is still sitting at $0, but that will change as Im considering buy a deep dish flip flop wheel set. I also have some flat bars I think I might use.

Frame is massive 63cm, only issue is stand over height apart from that I can ride it fine.

I was thinking of getting these wheels:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DEEP-V-FIXIE...ling_Parts&hash=item27b9267ecb#ht_3168wt_1141

But in black and the they ghetto type of look for a while until I decided to paint the frame.

Yes, I know the chain is loose, only put the cranks on today(had them sitting round in the garage) and the ratio changed so a few link will be removed soon

freddy_boi

Cannon Fodder
Conversion...

I converted an old Malvern Star road bike to a fixie and I love it. So good for busting round town and down to the beach.

If you live in a hilly area def get a front brake when beginning. Its really not worth the risk.

The conversion can be pretty cheap, look online for what you need but do ur research, dont wanna get parts that dont fit the older style frame.

pilot

Likes Dirt
I'm looking to sell my SS commuter.

The thing is it's got this really nice ENO White Industries Eccentric hub.

The beauty of an eccentric hub is that the axle is off centre, meaning you can still get chain tension despite having vertical dropouts, as most mountain bikes do.

The hub was apparently made when they were still being hand-made.

It's plush and the bearings were just replaced.

So... I really want someone who would appreciate this hub to buy either the bike or the hub. Otherwise someone who just wants an SS commuter will fly around on it wondering why the hub looks a little strange.

Let me know if there's any interest.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That Gazetta would be beautiful without that heinous B43 on the rear..
I just saw that gazzetta and thought, holy crap it's just like mine. It's not actually fixed so i hope the thread doesn't mind, i just have way more fun cornering hard and riding like it like a giant bmx...

Attachments

Last edited:

wombat

Lives in a hole
It's not actually fixed so i hope the thread doesn't mind, i just have way more fun cornering hard and riding like it like a giant bmx...
Very nice man. Kinda like what I'm building at the moment, except less pov than mine.:p

Last edited:
I just saw that gazzetta and thought, holy crap it's just like mine. It's not actually fixed so i hope the thread doesn't mind, i just have way more fun cornering hard and riding like it like a giant bmx...
I just saw that Cinelli and thought, holy crap how tall is that bloke?

struggles

Likes Dirt
That should be fine mate, get in touch with Southcott (Felt in Australia) and see what they'd advise.

Had a similar issue at work with a warranty where the store had closed down, it worked out fine. Felt should be willing to help.
Thanks for the advice mate. I finally got in touch with Southcott and a new frame is winging its way to me in just over a week after I contacted them.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just saw that Cinelli and thought, holy crap how tall is that bloke?
6'4" and i must have really long legs, because every time someone sees my bike i get some sort of comment on the height of the seat... i could probably go up anther inch for the optimal leg extension...

RAC_DH

Likes Dirt
More to come soon work in progress (fixie/single speed 1 of 2)

Let me know if these pics work?

Last edited: