The Fixie Thread

Paddyboy

Likes Bikes
Hey guys,
Ive just bought my first fixe as described in another thread, but my mate is selling his chappelli fixie and im thinking about buying it. Ive done a search on the forums and found nothing so I thought I'd ask what people think of them?
I know they are entry level so im not expecting it to compare to a surly or masi etc. But for $250 I thought it seemed pretty good.
Its got a white frame, red deep rims, and from what I can tell the rest is no name parts. Im not going to spend over $250 to buy another bike so please dont suggest I buy something else, just want to know if this is worth buying??
should I look for dodgy welding? it feels quite heavy, is it steel or aluminium?

Im only new at this so im learning so go easy, haha thanks

H

>Henry

Thought you fella's might appreciate this, found it while searching for new music. Pretty decent song and a good vid, sorry if its a repost..

[video=youtube;BoLKvWf4Fd0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoLKvWf4Fd0[/video]

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Man those tires are so ridiculously difficult to get off a rim. They came stock on my shitty cell and they're a fucking nightmare to get off.

Nice bike though, rod.

RCOH

Eats Squid
I got two white tires for $20 bucks - black were $40 each.

They are shitty tires so will be changed within a month, when they wear out.

vandenberg

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
Ive just bought my first fixe as described in another thread, but my mate is selling his chappelli fixie and im thinking about buying it. Ive done a search on the forums and found nothing so I thought I'd ask what people think of them?
I know they are entry level so im not expecting it to compare to a surly or masi etc. But for $250 I thought it seemed pretty good.
Its got a white frame, red deep rims, and from what I can tell the rest is no name parts. Im not going to spend over $250 to buy another bike so please dont suggest I buy something else, just want to know if this is worth buying??
should I look for dodgy welding? it feels quite heavy, is it steel or aluminium?

Im only new at this so im learning so go easy, haha thanks
They're cheap and nasty steel, hi-ten i believe. Boat anchor heavy. All the components are ultra-cheapo, but for $250 you're not really losing much. If you hate riding fixed (which you might, considering this bike) then you can sell it and not lose out. If you like riding fixed, you're gonna want something better anyway.
and the welding will probably look dodgy.

and if anyone is interested: CBD bikes on kent st (sydney) has a few sets of fixed wheels for $280 a set. 2 sets of the stock charge plug wheels (not deep section but look pretty damn solid) and 2 sets of velocity deep-vs with the silly pictures on them (one is the roulette/poker one and the other is some girly flowers: for the missus!!). I have no interest in cbd, just thought the price might be attractive to someone.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Loving the fixie more and more for city riding. I had only ever ridden in regional WA so it's a little more intense, and fun.

BMC TT03 as a singlespeed.......tempting.

Lorday

Eats Squid
Loving the fixie more and more for city riding. I had only ever ridden in regional WA so it's a little more intense, and fun.

BMC TT03 as a singlespeed.......tempting.
Man I'm loving I get to ride mine in the city (sydney) most days of the week. I look forward to going to uni, not only cause the course is fun, and the people are pretty rad, but the commute is just sooo good!

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thought i might let you hipsters know that I've recently purchased a new fixed gear complete (larger than my current one), and the frame and fork are currently at the powdercoaters getting sprayed. Should be together in a week or so. :D

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yer thought they might just like the colours
fixies are not just about pretty colours nad looking cool...o wait....

havent seen a build pic of anything in here for a while.

i can post a pic of the mudflaps i made for mine with juice cartons :)