The gaming thread

Such a shame. We did this last year in Yokohama and it was pretty crazy sitting a few inches above the road driving next to normal traffic.

Don't know why the articles always say that all locals hate the activity, as our experience was the total opposite.
Saw them at the Shibuya crossing in Tokyo, I'd rather try a gap jump than do that !!!!

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Played through SUPERHOT VR last night. Super fun! Took me a little while to learn to slow down and watch the bullets whizz past.

tobbogonist

a registered member
I bought Descenders yesterday. The reviews were good and I just had to have a look.

https://www.descendersgame.com/

Thumbs up so far. Not as easy as I thought and crashing into just about anything is pretty easy. Just like real life but less hurty.
The soundtrack needs a bloody good seeing too.
Game was fun but I reached a ceiling and didn't want to pour hours into it. I tried to go back to it on the weekend but.. that soundtrack.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I bought Descenders yesterday. The reviews were good and I just had to have a look.

https://www.descendersgame.com/

Thumbs up so far. Not as easy as I thought and crashing into just about anything is pretty easy. Just like real life but less hurty.
I reckon it lasted 2 hours between 3 mountain bikers in this house, has never seen the light of day again.

Its pretty bad IMO, better with a skate or snowboard game.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I reckon it lasted 2 hours between 3 mountain bikers in this house, has never seen the light of day again.

Its pretty bad IMO, better with a skate or snowboard game.
I gave it a crack last night. Damn, I'm persistent and it feels better than some of those MX trails games that pop up.
The virtual singletrack looks nice but the bike is bit hard to steer overall.

I will solider on until I can't and @tobbogonist - Yes, the soundtrack does remind me of late 1980's Euro synth that plays in elevators.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Would be infinitely improved by tapping into your music collection or streaming service. I started having more fun with it when I played on those wipeout style courses, but still not the most exciting game.

I found lonely mountains downhill to be much more fun. Kinda zen to play but enough depth and exploration to keep you keen.

Pretty excited about riders republic though. If it ends up half as fun as the trailer looks it's going to be a blast!

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I found lonely mountains downhill to be much more fun. Kinda zen to play but enough depth and exploration to keep you keen.
Lonely trails are underrated in the real world of MTB'ing too. The backcountry at Mt Rosie was kind of zen.

Pretty excited about riders republic though. If it ends up half as fun as the trailer looks it's going to be a blast!
Looks good and very 3xt33m3 d00dy like most of these have to be. Even lycra'ed up roadies seem to get a look in.
I just hope they resist the urge to have too many bike tricks with pressing buttons and sticks are certain angles. I never find that fun.

Still think Motocross Madness 2 is one of the better executed ones in the open road dirt riding genre but that also has it faults.

Maybe better to ride real bikes on real dirt :)

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Would be infinitely improved by tapping into your music collection or streaming service. I started having more fun with it when I played on those wipeout style courses, but still not the most exciting game.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
May only be fun on PC/PS5/& whatever the next gen xbox is. looks like a biiig game. Steep took fkn ages to load on PS4, I reckon you could clean your bike, make tea, punch some cones and STILL have time to spare.

Minlak

custom titis
You know you've been playing Assassins Creed Odyssey for a while, when those fucking sea shanties become your new earworm.
I loved Odyssey - But found it very tedious after completing the story lines - going back to finish "World Stuff" off seemed tedious. I tried to get into the Meta Build side of things so I was one shotting whole groups and elites and still couldn't manage to keep playing. You do have the option to replay and make different choices and or play as the other character but couldn't capture me the way the first play through did - Still would recommend

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I loved Odyssey - But found it very tedious after completing the story lines - going back to finish "World Stuff" off seemed tedious. I tried to get into the Meta Build side of things so I was one shotting whole groups and elites and still couldn't manage to keep playing. You do have the option to replay and make different choices and or play as the other character but couldn't capture me the way the first play through did - Still would recommend
I think it's often the way for a lot of games with story and side quests. Once the main story line is done, I feel I'm just going through the motions with side quests. I find playing a bit of story line, then smashing a some side quests so I don't get utterly slaughtered on the next story line quest to be something that works for me.

I do like Odyssey in the way they have made the ancient greek world come to life. I'm sure archaeologists would say the devs took artistic licence with this or that, but it's cool to walk around a city or town and see basically how it would have been. (I'd like to go visit some of them, post covid) and the travel times between points of interest and islands are a lot less than IRL - no-one would get close to finishisng the game otherwise lol

Minlak

custom titis
I think it's often the way for a lot of games with story and side quests. Once the main story line is done, I feel I'm just going through the motions with side quests. I find playing a bit of story line, then smashing a some side quests so I don't get utterly slaughtered on the next story line quest to be something that works for me.

I do like Odyssey in the way they have made the ancient greek world come to life. I'm sure archaeologists would say the devs took artistic licence with this or that, but it's cool to walk around a city or town and see basically how it would have been. and the travel times between points of interest and islands are a lot less than IRL - no-one would get close to finishisng the game otherwise lol
I started trying to complete every area before going to the next area to just drag it out and also have massive completion ( A good feature is the scaling feature so you are always in the right zone). I then realised what a massive undertaking that was so finished the main story line then the DLC lines then put it to rest.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Finished Odyssey's main story line during xmas new year break, but for the life of me, I can't hunt down the cultists in the Gods of Aegean sea branch. They are so tough to beat, I gave up and started Valhalla which imo not as good as Odyssey (the lack of mini-map in Valhalla annoys the shit out of me). Odyssey is the best AC game so far.

Minlak

custom titis
Finished Odyssey's main story line during xmas new year break, but for the life of me, I can't hunt down the cultists in the Gods of Aegean sea branch. They are so tough to beat, I gave up and started Valhalla which imo not as good as Odyssey (the lack of mini-map in Valhalla annoys the shit out of me). Odyssey is the best AC game so far.
The problem with those cultists is the quest lines are obscure and start from side stuff - there are several websites that will give you the story lines to complete if you are that way inclined

gippyz

Likes Dirt
The problem with those cultists is the quest lines are obscure and start from side stuff - there are several websites that will give you the story lines to complete if you are that way inclined
True. But then I'll know who is the cultists ghost! No don't tell me. I'll go back to it one day and uncover the ghost myself.