The hardtail riding thread

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a quick question re Hardtails. Are they relatively comfortable to ride distances? Also I have noticed alot of them are single speed. Is there a reason for this, is it possible to buy/swap to multiple speed? Looking for something that i could dual purpose for a small commute and for fun.

Thanks

comparing to a bmx, yes, you can sit down and pedal most of them.

comparing to a commuting bike... no. tho i did ride mine 50km on the highway once.

single speed is less stuff to destroy when you crash, and most of the time one gear is all you need, but if you must have gears some completes come with them (or did last time i looked) and a few companies still give youthe option of being able to fit gears

JT252

Likes Dirt
Dirt jumps and street if it's fun. No park though!
Don't know too much street but dirt jumps wise diamond creek is always fun and is up and running alright at the moment. Unfortunately croydon hills is pretty much wasting away and i'm not really sure of anywhere else atm.

RainbowofDETH

Likes Dirt
Don't know too much street but dirt jumps wise diamond creek is always fun and is up and running alright at the moment. Unfortunately croydon hills is pretty much wasting away and i'm not really sure of anywhere else atm.
I'll give Diamond Creek a look at then! Thanks man :)

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Your bike isn't as bad as I thought it would be rob.. I still prefer stealth colours though..

How low are the forks!? The arch and crown are in the same place..

I've got a few new bits in the works, next up is wheels.. I'm trying to put together a bit of a weenie build. Has anyone had any experience with Stans Arch on a dj bike? I've seen people run flows, which seem to go alright. I bent a DT swiss ex500 in about 2 weeks, so don't suggest anything made by them. I did consider Easton havens or Shimano XT trail, but both have hub issues, so fakies will blow them up pretty quick.

Does anyone want to buy my 24'', I'm about to throw it up for sale I think.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally, someone has released a bike I want to buy to replace my 243!

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2013/Bikes_BLT.cfm?Token={ts_2012-11-10_03:11:30}-f678ba18ba5a3056-4B515551-E56E-9EA6-323AED7BBF7708D8
and
http://www.transitionbikes.com/2013/Bikes_PBJ.cfm?Token={ts_2012-11-10_03:11:30}-f678ba18ba5a3056-4B515551-E56E-9EA6-323AED7BBF7708D8

When I heard of their release I thought they would be good, and the PBJ is spot on what I'm looking for.. The number of times I came within cm's of buying a Dartmoor Two6, but it was never quite there. Transition will have my money soon.

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well it's not quite finished, but i am pretty keen to give this a ride. Two6player has sold with its forks, bought a banshee amp with 831's, fresh wheels too :)
Just needs a chain and it'll be right to go, rawing and polishing the bars this weekend.
1352813403436.jpg

should be sweet, i love amps. so sick for trails.

also i got bored this morning and learn tuck nos in my garage off a bunnyhop in about a minute. so much easier than i thought, just need to get my arms out more. been trying them for a while now just never got the confidence to get my hands off.

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just finished my Amp too! They ride amazing...
Is yours a Regular or a Long?
Mine's a regular, pretty happy with the new wheels too, front is dt 330 with dt comps laced to ztr flow, rear is dartmoor k-drive, dartmoor spokes laced to dartmoor raider.
Will there be anything wrong with running all my BB spacers on the drive side? The sprocket doesn't clear the frame otherwise...

well youll need to make sure your non drive side crank arm clears the frame, but will probably need a longer spindle if you want your cranks to be centred in the frame.