The QUICK question thread.....

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Regardless of the parent company takeover there would still need to be an Aus importer for bike specific gear, no?
Here the short of it.

There’s a thread on here somewhere about it. I believe Adidas shut down production for a bit while they shifted the Five Ten manufacture to adidas factories leading to a shortage of stealth rubber.

Possibility of rumors that the new shoes are not quite the same.

Some Original Fiveten staff have started new company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
LOL ... well I need 8 cups and 8 cones if either of you have them to spare, and I guess 4 m6 bolts that are slightly longer than usual?
Sorry for the delay, I don't check Rotorburn every day during the week. I've got 4 bolts that are 30mm from tip to bottom of head. I've got shitloads of the cup/cone pairs.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Here the short of it.

There’s a thread on here somewhere about it. I believe Adidas shut down production for a bit while they shifted the Five Ten manufacture to adidas factories leading to a shortage of stealth rubber.

Possibility of rumors that the new shoes are not quite the same.

Some Original Fiveten staff have started new company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
West Ridge is sweet. I'd rock it casually.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Getting married at the end of the year. I ordered a ring I liked online from the US. Going for the tungsten ring, so it doesn't get destroyed at work. The tracking information says its been in customs since the start of May.. is it nornal for something to take 2 months to clear customs?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Getting married at the end of the year. I ordered a ring I liked online from the US. Going for the tungsten ring, so it doesn't get destroyed at work. The tracking information says its been in customs since the start of May.. is it nornal for something to take 2 months to clear customs?

Only when you're really stinging on it arriving. Congratulations on the knot tying.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Going for the tungsten ring, so it doesn't get destroyed at work.
If your wedding ring is a lot stronger than your finger, it can do some nasty things if it gets caught on something - degloving or ring avulsion can be a bit serious ! one of my early mining jobs came was filling in for a bloke who degloved his finger climbing down a ladder at work.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Super quick (and noob) Q.

Shimano Centrelock, all just the one/same version? Ie, if I buy a "Centrelock" hub/wheel (XT M8020) it'll just be compatible with a Centrelock XT rotor? Never messed about with this fancystuff, always just used 6 bolt.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Super quick Q. Shimano Centrelock, all the one/same version? Ie, if I buy a "Centrelock" hub it'll just be compatible with a "Centrelock" XT rotor? Never messed about with this fancystuff, always just used 6 bolt.
Most of them are the same, but there is a larger standard for 20mm axles. I think it was released as a 'Saint' product only but could be wrong.

If it's XT it should be the smaller and more common diameter.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most of them are the same, but there is a larger standard for 20mm axles. I think it was released as a 'Saint' product only but could be wrong.

If it's XT it should be the smaller and more common diameter.
Sounds like I should be okay then. Cool, thanks

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Should you lightly sand a rotor when changing pad types? E.g. metallic after semi-metallic / resin?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Why does my Rotor go ting ting on rough ground?
It’s a 200 Sram centreline on the front.
Everything is tight. Rotor straight, Pads are newish.
If I flick it with my finger I get the same noise.
Rear rotor quiet.
Why the ting ting?

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
If your wedding ring is a lot stronger than your finger, it can do some nasty things if it gets caught on something - degloving or ring avulsion can be a bit serious ! one of my early mining jobs came was filling in for a bloke who degloved his finger climbing down a ladder at work.
I've thought about how that could potentially happen at my work in Land Surveying. I know each job is different, but the main thing I can think of is catching it on a barbed wire fence while jumping one, or repetitive stress from a sledgehammer.

I had entertained the thought about getting one tatooed on, but haven't seriously considered it.