The QUICK question thread.....

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can you replace the outer cage plate on a sram 11spd derailleur, or the cage assembly?

I know the inner is no probs & I can see plenty of 10spd & roadie complete cage replacements, but not what I need. New mech time?

D01

Likes Dirt
I'm starting to collect parts for a new frame that's boost.

Would I be stupid to save a few bucks and get a non boost fork for it?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
SunRace cassettes: MS8 vs MX8. First one is all steel and heavier, but wondering if worth it for longevity vs saving ~80g?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
SunRace cassettes: MS8 vs MX8. First one is all steel and heavier, but wondering if worth it for longevity vs saving ~80g?
How often do you ride in first gear? That's the only difference I can see.....

As for the weight, I weighed a 11-40 MS8 against 11-42 XT and the MS8 was lighter

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
How often do you ride in first gear? That's the only difference I can see.....

As for the weight, I weighed a 11-40 MS8 against 11-42 XT and the MS8 was lighter
This is for the HT, so in the lowest gear much less than my other bike (which wore out the big ring) - but probably still enough to consider steel..

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Where are you buying it from? Cycling deal only had one option so that made it easy for me. I got an MX8

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Where are you buying it from? Cycling deal only had one option so that made it easy for me. I got an MX8
Chain Reaction or ebay - about $5 more from CRC, but at least you know it will turn up on time, most of the time!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Chain Reaction or ebay - about $5 more from CRC, but at least you know it will turn up on time, most of the time!
I've never been let down by Cycling Deal. I just bought a Sunrace 11-50 and it took a week. $89 freighted

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looks like a 66. They were set for an 8 inch rotor without an adaptor and that looks like an 8 inch rotor. The 55 was for a 160mm rotor if I recall correctly.

safreek

Looks like a 66. They were set for an 8 inch rotor without an adaptor and that looks like an 8 inch rotor. The 55 was for a 160mm rotor if I recall correctly.
Cheers bruz. Do you guys recon that bike is worth 350, seems like a bargain to me. Anything I should look for that are known problems for the bighits.