The Smiths Gully Thread

Beej1

Here's another vid, this time of the midden, it was my first ever crack at running a vid on the bike then editing, we just rode steady through this but aim to do another where its balls out cock out flat out and see how that goes.
Do you call it midden because of the patch of discarded scallop shells about half way along the top section?

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here's another vid, this time of the midden, it was my first ever crack at running a vid on the bike then editing, we just rode steady through this but aim to do another where its balls out cock out flat out and see how that goes.

http://vimeo.com/87619188

good vid, .... how much frickin fun is mountain biking!!!!

what speed is that video at?

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
NP: Yep re scallop shells, but was originally called bundy because the maker also found a bundy bottle, but he like midden more and also appropriate.
PB: if you like that you will poke yourself in the tummy with excitement when you ride out there :wink-new:
MTB101: If you mean 1080 etc, not sure need to check, first film I'd done so just set it to normal and filmed, not up with all the options yet, a video nufty is me, if you mean were we riding fast, nothing special just real time, we weren't huffing

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice vid of a fun section Mars. I'm stoked that Smiths is getting some love. The area (as well as the General Store) needs more support.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
NP: Yep re scallop shells, but was originally called bundy because the maker also found a bundy bottle, but he like midden more and also appropriate.
PB: if you like that you will poke yourself in the tummy with excitement when you ride out there :wink-new:
MTB101: If you mean 1080 etc, not sure need to check, first film I'd done so just set it to normal and filmed, not up with all the options yet, a video nufty is me, if you mean were we riding fast, nothing special just real time, we weren't huffing
just the Frames Per Second, it looked like your cadence was 100+, so thought maybe you'd sped it up slightly.

the chest mount gives a good perspective.

would have been good if guy in front stayed a bit closer to see his style, of course as soon as you put a camera on they go ballistic and you can't catch them. he he.

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
just the Frames Per Second, it looked like your cadence was 100+, so thought maybe you'd sped it up slightly.

the chest mount gives a good perspective.

would have been good if guy in front stayed a bit closer to see his style, of course as soon as you put a camera on they go ballistic and you can't catch them. he he.
Nup, not sped up at all, guy in front is significantly stronger than me and can push massive gears and pumps off anything to use the least amount of beans, he can seriously ride. I push smaller gears probably as I get around on a ss running 32:16 everywhere including a lot of training to assist holding high cadence for longer periods when on my geared bikes.

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi guys. Looking for some help if you can. Thinking of heading out tomorrow and want to ride some of the other stuff. I usually ride boomers out to rob Roy and then the two loops around there. Would like to do other trails like Ridge road, sugarloaf, ect but can't get it sorted even after reading through everything. Does anyone have a ride link they could pm me? Would appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Coast

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Hi guys. Looking for some help if you can. Thinking of heading out tomorrow and want to ride some of the other stuff. I usually ride boomers out to rob Roy and then the two loops around there. Would like to do other trails like Ridge road, sugarloaf, ect but can't get it sorted even after reading through everything. Does anyone have a ride link they could pm me? Would appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Coast
You bitch! You know I'm working. :(

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Only reason I'm going PB! One day soon we'll get there.
I was going to pay out on you big time, but feel we don't need to fill this thread with hundreds of pages of meaningless drivel. Keep that for the yt thread.
I fucking hate working weekends. Damn capitalism.

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
No worries mate.

Can we do a roll call, who's in or out?
Good call Jim,

I was just about to ask the same thing, so I'm in.

8.30 I believe kitted up ready to go.

How long do people wish to ride for, I have a nice loop planned, not nasty, fun but there will be sweat, gonna be a warm day so if peolple want to start earlier that is cool.