The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Yet1

Likes Dirt
Trek

Took this old girl out recently. Apart from a flat tyre (which I havent had since running tubeless many years ago on my normal rides), the bike goes well! Apart from the suspension bob and lack of brakes.

11951123_10153591830476151_597282669055377295_n.jpg

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys looking for a new commuter, Hoping for a USA made Cannondale hardtail, or old Trek or maybe Klein or a cheap yeti if Im lucky.
Probably looking rigid (or headshok on Cdale) and large.
If anyone has an old project hanging around or sees anything, let me know

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
This is my favourite thread on the forum. I only have a couple of crappy bikes to start learning on. Love the character of the 90's mtb's.

ventura

Squid
1999 Klein Attitude Race

I think i have got something that might belong here:

It's a 1999 Klein Attitude Race in Big Sky Blue. technically a Trek Klein, but still nice i think. mostly commuting with it in Sydney at the moment.
I have been off bikes for the last 8 years and they were cool then so i stuck with what i knew from back then :)

klein_3.jpg

klein_5.jpg

klein_9.jpg

klein_2.jpg

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Anyone ride an Orange Clockwork or Prestige? Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of Australian ones. Keeping my eye out for old hardtails to build up.

Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of Australian ones.
Here's a couple from the quiver:

(UK built) PaceRC200 F2 (early 90's) with upgrade to Marzocchi Bombers when the RC35 kevlar fork elastomers spooged out. Shot taken at Ourimbah DH gap jump near top of course late 2015.

(AU built) EthosFR7 Freeride, which was their 2002 showbike, with 1.5" steerer, 6" front/ 7" rear, walking beam linkage. Like riding a chesterfield lounge.

Beefcake5000

Cannon Fodder
Circa 1990 Giant Cadex 2 - Mint condition

I pulled this out of my dads garage after he passed away. I recall him buying this when I was a pre-teen!!! He never rode it and when i was older I preferred it to my bike, although I didn't ride much back then... still much better than any bike I have ridden today, just a little short for me!

Attachments