Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I want to know why Flynn was pardoned. I'd bet almost anything it was a deal cut back in 2017 during the Mueller probe along the lines of "don't incriminate Trump; cover for him and we will get you out of this." Would also explain why Mueller never exonerated Trump in his final report.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Preemptive pardons? I didn't think that would be a thing.
Can be pardoned for crimes committed but not yet charged/convicted (e.g. Nixon - was pardoned for crimes he may have committed against the union, though was never charged with any), but obviously can't be pardoned for crimes not committed (no "free pass" to commit future crimes).

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
sudo'ing everything drives me crazy but it is the way of the world now. root FTW.

With power comes great responsibility.
Ha ha... yeah for sure, not that I’ve done any command line, scripting or code for a very long time.

But when I was heavily into it, all of my systems were dedicated ICT, so I was always logged in as SU anyway.

Fun times.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Ha ha... yeah for sure, not that I’ve done any command line, scripting or code for a very long time.

But when I was heavily into it, all of my systems were dedicated ICT, so I was always logged in as SU anyway.

Fun times.
I'm far from being any sort of guru but do have to mess around with the CLI most days.
I know enough to be dangerous, keep files called 'goodinfo.txt' full of stuff needed for a rainy day and that will do me.