Tubeless repair

teK--

Eats Squid
I didnt use cloth tape in the end, I bought the pvc tape as people suggested. I also tried to pump the tubesup and leave them in for a day as suggested but stuffed if I could get the tyres on without damaging the tape... so I gave up on that. Both wheels are currently holding pressure with just air and no sealant at the moment so thats a good sign I guess.
PVC may be cheap and widely available but I don't like it for that reason. Polypropylene tape every time.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
If I dont have any success I will use a different tape. So far both tyres are holding at 40psi without fluid and the new stems are so much better than the ones that came in the Orange seal kit. I think it will hold fine for a while...hopefully.

Flow-Rider

Burner
If I dont have any success I will use a different tape. So far both tyres are holding at 40psi without fluid and the new stems are so much better than the ones that came in the Orange seal kit. I think it will hold fine for a while...hopefully.
You will not have any problems with the tape its as good as any. I just removed some that was older than 2 years and could have let it go longer.

Last edited:

Ackland

chats d'élevage

Ackland

chats d'élevage
What I haven't seen demonstrated in any of the media releases yet is that the greatest strength (in my opinion) of the Stans DART system is its ability to seal up those cuts high on the sidewall near the rim, or even the "pinch flat" holes caused by the bead hook that sealant can never fix properly.

The old sticky bacon plugs can seal them short term but due to the high amounts of sidewall flex, the holes often deform and the plugs leak.

The chemical reaction that occurs in the DART material forms flexible chemical bonds and is as good as having a new tyre again.

I have raced on tyres with multiple holes fixed by this system

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Yup, now I really need one. Had a nail go in the tread face and just pierce the sidewall. The tread sealed OK but the side wouldn't hold more than about 5psi.

I was going to try patching it, but now I think I'll wait

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Yup, now I really need one. Had a nail go in the tread face and just pierce the sidewall. The tread sealed OK but the side wouldn't hold more than about 5psi.

I was going to try patching it, but now I think I'll wait
I'd post photos but this system only seems to support VGA quality imagery

moorey

call me Mia
If you haven't had a tubeless pinch flat, you're not livin
I’ve had one puncture ever that didn’t seal straight up, not that I could say I’m Livin.
If you are getting a pitch flat on tubeless, try a decent side wall. :D

Last edited: