Tubeless setup

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Digging this one up, I've just ordered this as, for some reason, January has been my Month of the Tape. After having to re-do 3 wheels all in the last we weeks, I'm finally out of my stash of Bear blue tape from years ago.

Have just ordered up a few rolls in differing widths for my wheelsets, hoping it still works as well as you've mentioned :)

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Digging this one up, I've just ordered this as, for some reason, January has been my Month of the Tape. After having to re-do 3 wheels all in the last we weeks, I'm finally out of my stash of Bear blue tape from years ago.

Have just ordered up a few rolls in differing widths for my wheelsets, hoping it still works as well as you've mentioned :)
It works, but not as sticky as some of the "proper" options. I had trouble getting it to stick.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Cheers, hopefully it's workable on my differing rims. But, with 3x rolls costing me less that a single roll from anywhere local, no great loss if it's doesn't work.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Cheers, hopefully it's workable on my differing rims. But, with 3x rolls costing me less that a single roll from anywhere local, no great loss if it's doesn't work.
Clean with alco and run a heat gun around the rim before applying, then again after and press it all firmly down.
Wear gloves as it gets f@%king hot.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
If you can get away with it, you can go smaller. Fat bike and plus rims have enough 'bite' at the outside of the nipple access holes to get a wrap of tape around the middle only.

I successfully done this on #2 Sons enduro wheels with 20mm tape. He was blowing tyres on regular basis, if they weren't destroyed, they needed patched. The alu rims had prominent bead lip (pic 2) and every other time I took the tyre off, the sealant had attached to the tape that hadn't made a good contact due to the lip and it pulled the tape with it. Meaning a retape :mad: at least once a month.

Reckon those wheels are still down in the bike vault, completely faaaked, dinged/flatspotted/buckled and the tape is still good.

The tape was about 20-22mm or something similar, tape I had from CX and road wheelsets. With wider wheelsets now, this is easily a better solution as the sealant sticking to the tape edges is usually what kills it.

Have a look, may be an option.

shdhfhs.jpg