WARNING - Pacific Park track dissapointing!

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All i can say is eat a big one e.g. whale size.

Seriously, WSMTB DH would be dead if Steve hadn't stepped in. He works hard to get various locations for us to ride at. This takes alot of personal time out of his hands. For christ sakes i can understand that some tracks people like and others don't, but don't go posting up a post saying:

WARNING!!! I AM A SPOILT SHIT WHO WANTS ALL TRACKS TO BE PEFECTLY GROOMED WITH A BERM IN EVERY CORNER. THIS TRACK IS DISAPPONTING.

Let everyone make up ther own mind.

Why don't you volunteer some of your time and maybe be slightly more constructive aye??

Track is pretty cool in my opinion, have to work hard to keep up your speed. It's a bit of a challenge.

Maybe you should ride more instead of whinge.

Mate it was never a personal attack unlike your post. Its just my opion and you have yours. Why are you allowed to say that you like the track, but you bag me for saying I dont. Sounds a little hypocritical to me. :rolleyes:

And your wrong. I have volunteered with matinance at other tracks and get out on the bike atleast 5 times a week.:D

Shaun

Likes Dirt
Ok i apologise, i'll eat my words.

Still a good track though.

and yes i maybe slightly hypocritical.

Sorry champ.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Shaun, if it wasn't for Squid, I'd have banned you.

I agree with Cat on this one. I do like tracks like Coffs, the old State Mine track and so on, but I also like tracks like Ourimbah where you have to pedal a bit (I'm fairly fit, so I enjoy it!). It breaks the season up a bit and allows those with more "all rounded" skills (read: can't huck or jump very well!) to maybe jump a few spots in their end placings.

To me, the most important things about a race weekend is admin and log. Registration, shuttles, toilets, affordable food and above all, the awesome atmosphere of being around hundreds of riders! The track itself is only part of it for me. If I don't like the track (Which I didn't when I raced the old Observatory Hill track), it doesn't really bother me because the rest of the weekend is usually top fun anyway.

Maybe if I was more competative, this would change, but the races aren't only for the top guys, they're for the whole DH community.

God I miss Australia right now.....:(

only a few hours old, an already this thread is three pages long!
what do they say?.... any publicity is good publicity!!
havn't ridden track in it's entirety yet.will hold off on judgement.an have a say after.

daddyrat

Likes Dirt
well, we'll all stay home and ride our own track. less expensive and definitely more fun.
i've ridden pp in a club round and while the track is a different one the elevation change is pretty much the same over more distance.
i like my downhill challenging and fast and therefore decided to stay home.
good luck to all who do ride and may you have a nice and enjoyable day.

spyderman_au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All i can say is eat a big one e.g. whale size.

Seriously, WSMTB DH would be dead if Steve hadn't stepped in. He works hard to get various locations for us to ride at. This takes alot of personal time out of his hands. For christ sakes i can understand that some tracks people like and others don't, but don't go posting up a post saying:

WARNING!!! I AM A SPOILT SHIT WHO WANTS ALL TRACKS TO BE PEFECTLY GROOMED WITH A BERM IN EVERY CORNER. THIS TRACK IS DISAPPONTING.

Let everyone make up ther own mind.

Why don't you volunteer some of your time and maybe be slightly more constructive aye??

Track is pretty cool in my opinion, have to work hard to keep up your speed. It's a bit of a challenge.

Maybe you should ride more instead of whinge.
Shaun, I too rode the track today and did not like it one bit. As VTSS has already stated this is an opinion! It is not a slur on Steve Humphrey's character or skill or for that matter a dig at anyone.
Why would you choose to insult someone on a public forum for and opinion?

My measure of a good track is one that you would like to go back and ride for the enjoyment value in your own time. PP is not my idea of an enjoyable track. I registered and paid but will not bother riding it on Saturday or Sunday.

If the track was next door to where I lived I would not ride any other time.

AND that is my opinion.

TransitionPete

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The same could be said about PP.;)

And for all of you going with cars that might be a bit lower than normal or sports cars, HAVE FUN!!!!!
Haha Yep. Dads loves driving down the road in the commodore:p

Besides all the comments about the track guys I really cant wait. I spose before I make a judgement on the track I will have to ride it.

But i cant wait :D

spyderman_au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha Yep. Dads loves driving down the road in the commodore:p

Besides all the comments about the track guys I really cant wait. I spose before I make a judgement on the track I will have to ride it.

But i cant wait :D
The road is a piece of cake. It is the track over to the base of the track that was way fun in the hilux....

Shame about the 100kg of mud I carried all the way home.....

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Although i havnt ridden it yet i just watched the video and i think the track looks pretty good! Jumps and drops arent the only things that make a DH track!

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in it, im sure to have a good weekend of riding...

nucleon hawke

Likes Dirt
Aww im missing out on Hardforce this weekend :( !!!!!!!!!!!!
I knew the track wasn't going to compare to Coffs but hearing how dissapointing some of this feedback is im sorta bummed because im missing out on one good event.

Im still gonna stick it out though, long time no ride. :D