What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
@fjohn860 is that a 18/19 model? On the 17 model the water and mud the pools under the shock is way more annoying - but seems like yours has gaps at the bottom of the bracket to let that drain.

Anyway, always nice to see another Smuggler!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
The "Ring of Steel" is keeping all the metro people at bay still, will probably go berserk once that disappears.

Bike looks hot.
Yeah, I heard the line of cars at the top lysterfield carpark was out to the Hallam nth rd today.

I still thought more G-town people would've be out and about.

It's a great bike. It is far more capable than what my measly talent can utilise.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
@fjohn860 is that a 18/19 model? On the 17 model the water and mud the pools under the shock is way more annoying - but seems like yours has gaps at the bottom of the bracket to let that drain.

Anyway, always nice to see another Smuggler!
Yeah it's a '18. Yeah no issues with water pooling below the shock.

They are a good bike the smuggler.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took the v3 spitty out for a bit of a dream run around silvan.

We linked up our favourite gravity trails. Lyre lyre, Igor - no Strava - no Strava extension then a couple of laps of the freshly buffed jj's.

Fitted one of those hideously white cane creek progressive springs as I was bottoming too often for my liking on the 500lb one I was riding previously. Didn't want to get a 550lb spring as it felt amazing when not bottoming.

Had it listed for sale as I was ebike curious but it really is joy to ride, feels plusher than my longer travel sled yet more playful and climbing is worlds better.

I think it might be the perfect bike for silvan.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Made use of my 25km of freedom and grabbed the Django for the first time in 4 months, joining seemingly every other Melbournian on the Yarra Trail for a ride out to Candlebark and my first crack at the trails around there. Heaps of people, but lots of fun. Two locals showed me around which was fantastic because I had no idea where I was going! Pretty sure 60-odd kms is the longest single outing the Django has done, 2.5in rubber is not the best option for bike paths!
The cramp on the way home showed what a few month of 1-2 hrs only of exercise does to the fitness...

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went to Wombat - carpark - 6 or 7 cars .....( some fella doing a youtube intro ? ).

Didn't see a Soul on the trails .
Had a Great ride , continuing to find Super trails , lots of old logging , moto and animal tracks ( ended up followed the abandoned railway line today from Firth Park to Andersons mill Site - dropped in from an old moto trail )

Too Maps are my friend - oh and a compass ...dont ask why .
Trails are mint at present , puddles have dried out - if it rains back to the gravel roads and more exploring .

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Made use of my 25km of freedom and grabbed the Django for the first time in 4 months, joining seemingly every other Melbournian on the Yarra Trail for a ride out to Candlebark and my first crack at the trails around there. Heaps of people, but lots of fun. Two locals showed me around which was fantastic because I had no idea where I was going! Pretty sure 60-odd kms is the longest single outing the Django has done, 2.5in rubber is not the best option for bike paths!
The cramp on the way home showed what a few month of 1-2 hrs only of exercise does to the fitness...
Did similar yesterday, 50ish kms round trip to Candlebark and was rooted by the time I got to the big descent there. Oh well, only 25kms home. Past months’ 15 km training runs not cutting it

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Yeah it's a '18. Yeah no issues with water pooling below the shock.

They are a good bike the smuggler.
Just back from a ride on mine now. ;)

Caught up to a couple of ebikers on duffy descent who I had just let pass before it- when we got to the drop, they went around to the right so I did the drop and got right on his back wheel and yelled "use your motor go go go!" because I'm kinda an arsehole sometimes.... :D

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
No riding, but plenty of bike maintenance. Bought a Scott Aspect 29er for Oldest Boy to ride to school. It came with presta valves, but to make it easier for him if he gets a flat I converted it to Schrader, which meant flogging Middle Brothers 27.5 tubes, then replacing those with 26" tubes so Middle Brother still had a bike. I'll install the correct sizes in which ever fails first.

Then I installed the M8100 levers on my hardtail. Flushed the lines with fresh oil, front went fine, created a dog's breakfast with the rear though. Oil fucking everywhere. Still, they both came up nice and solid. Just with way way way too much lever travel. I like a solid lever, with just enough travel to clear the pads when I release. Folded up a couple of my Super Special Shims to go in between the lever and the roller and we are golden.