What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not your fault at all, I'd say. Whatever fvckin' idiot did that should've just left the tree. At least that would be clearly visible, not camouflaged in the brush.

"I'll be back next week..." You're an optimist. I like that.
Common sense isn't common enough ! some nimrod with a saw couldn't see how that stumpling could be a booby trap for others.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Pulled the trigger on a Microshift 11 speed derailleur and shifter to give them a go. Hopefully they turn out to be a good alternative to the big 2. Not a lot of info about on them so a bit of a gamble...

Also put my pedals and a temporary old school dropper on the bike I'm loaning...

Scotty T

Walks the walk
RWC Needle roller bearing kit installed on the lower shock mount for the Lappy. Bought it as I’m hoping it will help prevent the shock mount bolt from coming loose
I really like this, read about it in @the drizzle's Nomad thread and did a search. Who is in Canberra with the relevant tools and will accept some beer to help me with a remove/install. @goobags has it served you well?

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The new Stumpy showed its weak link when hard charging the trails in Rotorua recently. By about the second day it became apparent that the Ohlins STX22 air was not capable of dealing with any kind of square edge, with a harsh feeling and a wooden feel. With autosag feature, we resorted to tricking the shock by setting sag with no camelback on!
So upon returning home, a message was sent to NSD querying whether the DVO topaz off the 2011 Stumpjumper would fit. They were pretty confident it would, so with some playing around with the mounting hardware, this was the end result....

Attachments

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Started to strip down my old dually to give it a refresh; probably overdue after more than 23 years.

Thought the cranks might be a challenge after all that time and they didn't let me down. The non-drive side refused to budge and the crank puller tore out the threads leaving it stuck firmly in place.

Sadly I couldn't see any other option but to cut the thing with a Dremel and pry it open a bit with a screw driver. The crank one that battle and I'm now down a screwdriver.

During all this the drive side crank decided to randomly fall off (I'd earlier removed the main bolt but has yet to have a go at it with the extractor).

In the end, a brick splitter and hammer achieved the desired result and the cranks were free. Surprisingly, after 20 odd years, the bottom bracket didn't take much effort to screw out.

Anyway, I'd just like to take a moment to respect a set of cranks that gave me 23+ years of service, supported me through 25 odd races (DH, XC and DS), stacks of non racing adventures, four years of commuting to uni, and my first mtb ride with my son. RIP.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Disappointed they flattened out most of that section. Had a few nice little jumps
They've recently put in a couple of extra little doubles on Follow Me. You have to be carrying a bit of speed or you end up having to peddle a bit to clear them.

This is a short vid where the screen shots above came from. Start of 'Follow me' is still fun :)
http://instagr.am/p/Bs-pYROHL7M/

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
You just have to learn to oversell it when using a go pro. Really exaggerate the movements so it seems bigger.
I'll mount the GoPro sideways and set it to superwide so everything looks super huuuuuuge ha.

They've recently put in a couple of extra little doubles on Follow Me. You have to be carrying a bit of speed or you end up having to peddle a bit to clear them.

This is a short vid where the screen shots above came from. Start of 'Follow me' is still fun :)
http://instagr.am/p/Bs-pYROHL7M/
Ah yeah, I noticed the warning sign last time I was there ... didn't really notice a difference. The second drop is my favourite feature on that trail.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Huh - a whole trail out there i didnt know existed! In my defence, I only ride there about once a year...