What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
You're a madman lol. Hope you kept the fluids up! Was 42deg on my commute in Melb (but in an A/C'd car lol)
Three parts mad, 1 part well prepared, 1 part acclimatised and a dash of victim of single car family. It's what I do, I enjoy the challenge :p

It's been two weeks of 40+ and today it finally started to take it's toll. The extra 5 kg of bike assembly tools I carry every Thursday didn't help.

Balmy here compare to you Cardy.. 47c for Mildura tomorrow, that’s Marble Bar sort of temps..
I had 48.8 on the display riding thru the scrub last week. Reckon tomorrow will break it's back though, next weeks predicted temps are almost all under 40.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Curses, wish id known about that a little more in advance!
TL;DR: Was an absolute blast man!

The first ride in ages where I was pushing to keep up on the downhills as my usual riding buddies are slower than me on the gravity stuff.

Followed a young small fella on a steel enduro-ish coil sprung beast down Old Duffy. First jump he did a big 90 degree whip, I was a bike length behind and was rad to watch. He nose bonked the second one and I thought fuck it I'm doing that and nailed it perfect, first time since the bmx days I've dropped a proper one of those. Proceeded to go bigger and more sideways off everything following jump man's lead. He flew so high and got me so stoked.

Took 6 seconds off Western Wedgetail, following another fast dude. On the flipside I was not liking the ups today and dropped to the back half with some peeps who didn't have climbing obstacles down, slowed to a trackstand in the slow train at times. A whole different challenge, you ride the train in the group and nobody needs to pass. Then old mate on my tail on breakout, he was the back of the front train and we were hauling, hit the bottom and I see he's on a full xc rig.

There was over 30 males and around half a dozen females. Avg speed was about 10.5-15.5 across the group. Then beers and burgers at the bottom was sensational! I'll be back.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal

Followed a young small fella and I thought fuck it I'm doing that
Being towed into stuff is rad, opens your eyes to how hard you can really go for it.

There was over 30 males and around half a dozen females. Avg speed was about 10.5-15.5 across the group. Then beers and burgers at the bottom was sensational! I'll be back.
Fuck you Canberra, you're not making it any easier...oh hang on, how many days has it been 40+, no wonder beers were well tasty.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

The first ride in ages where I was pushing to keep up on the downhills as my usual riding buddies are slower than me on the gravity stuff.

Followed a young small fella on a steel enduro-ish coil sprung beast down Old Duffy. First jump he did a big 90 degree whip, I was a bike length behind and was rad to watch. He nose bonked the second one and I thought fuck it I'm doing that and nailed it perfect, first time since the bmx days I've dropped a proper one of those. Proceeded to go bigger and more sideways off everything following jump man's lead. He flew so high and got me so stoked.

Took 6 seconds off Western Wedgetail, following another fast dude. On the flipside I was not liking the ups today and dropped to the back half with some peeps who didn't have climbing obstacles down, slowed to a trackstand in the slow train at times. A whole different challenge, you ride the train in the group and nobody needs to pass. Then old mate on my tail on breakout, he was the back of the front train and we were hauling, hit the bottom and I see he's on a full xc rig.

I set a new PR on white gums following some speed demons I ended up riding with. One of whom turned out to a suspension guru who set me straight on rebound setting for my Fox fork that transformed it. Good ride all round :)

I think we set off a few minutes behind that main pack, but passed a few groups on the way up.

Rotorburn group ride one Thursday night soon perhaps?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I set a new PR on white gums following some speed demons I ended up riding with. One of whom turned out to a suspension guru who set me straight on rebound setting for my Fox fork that transformed it. Good ride all round :)

I think we set off a few minutes behind that main pack, but passed a few groups on the way up.

Rotorburn group ride one Thursday night soon perhaps?
Good result on the riding and the bike then :)

This one is set to happen every second Thursday but I have a couple of mates lined up for every Thursday so on the off weeks we'll ride somewhere else.

ttnguyen133

Likes Bikes
Probably wrong thread but wanted to ask you fellas if you prefer Forrest or Buxton. Still deciding between the two for this weekend. I've been to Forrest (Southern trailhead) once before over a year ago and it was pretty nice I guess, how does Buxton compare?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Probably wrong thread but wanted to ask you fellas if you prefer Forrest or Buxton. Still deciding between the two for this weekend. I've been to Forrest (Southern trailhead) once before over a year ago and it was pretty nice I guess, how does Buxton compare?
Buxton hands down in my book.

Much better bang for buck with the ups to get to the downs. If you're more gravity orientated then Buxton is the winner IMHO.

ttnguyen133

Likes Bikes
Thanks guys, looks like Buxton it is. Keen to check out Narbathong as well since its like next door. The DH track there is self shuttleable right? Is this track public?

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode 22km in Wingello with the young bloke - his first full pink ring lap at 13. Seems he isn’t as quick as the distance gets longer and old fat unfit Dad gets to lead most of the time past half way.