What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally a quick ride with my boy (small hill not far from our house), but I feel old~ That rocky singletrack we took down the hill was kind of scary and I don't think I could have beat my about 3 months shy of 14yr old son up the hill if I tried!

Sorry for the large pic...

BikeRide.jpg

Last edited:

mark22

Likes Dirt
Nice view

Well done mate it does not count how quick these young whipper snappers get up the hill its all about looking good coming down ;) says someone who regularly see younger guys powering past me on the climbs.

There is some great technique advice on youtube or some of the MTB mags that have improved my riding.

All the best

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
^^this.

It isn't about how fast or fit you are, all about the smiles and good times with mates!
Luckily the more you ride the fitter you get, and the more you enjoy it! Pretty awesoe how that works.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
My main riding buddy has cerebal palsy and epilepsy. He actually has seizures mid ride. He still goes down blue runs and can go hard when needed. Just ride!!!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Well it technically was only my bike for the day… but currently my Darl and I are in Bali (with no kids) and we did the Mount Abang to Telega Waja River mountain bike ride. It’s an absolutely fantastic ride where you start at the top of a volcano and ride 40kms of amazing single track and double track with some connecting roads… and although there are a few tough climbs, in the main it is downhill.

Near the top there is a continuous decent section for 9kms, which traverses sheer ridge-lines, dropping down into huge valleys with very steep sections… all with insanely breathtaking views. The track was very sandy/volcanic ash in sections so was very sketchy but in a fun get off the back and just let it hang loose kind of way. Once down into the valleys, it opened out and was more roller coasty, then later on it became rice paddys-ville. There was some great sections of very tight single track through palm oil (I think) plantations with extremely loud cicada type bugs going off.

The bikes were good… we had Specialized StumpJumper Carbon FSR 26” and they were great… I ride a Stumpy, and now my Wife wants one. The guide was a great guy and an awesome rider and made sure we were all sorted. My Wife was very happy when we passed a group of girls who had left the top fifteen minutes before us. It’s 35 years since the last time I was in Bali… and honestly it’s not a patch on what it was… but todays ride was so good, that I can see us coming back.

Attachments

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Ordered another derailleur and chain after a big stick snapped and bent the mech and twisted the chain on the Mondraker . Was going at speed . No spokes broken though as I managed to brake as soon as I heard the loud rattle .

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
How stinking hot was it on the ride?
It was quite cool at the top on the volcano... maybe 15c. But it got hotter as we descended... maybe 30c.

But my wife and I like the heat, so other than the first lung busting climb which was tough after 9kms of down... it was fine. We had plenty of shady stops to take in the view and were well hydrated.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Making my 26'er more Enduro with Enduro brakes and grips! Thanks to Boom King for the grips, although they are on the pinker side of red! Also installed a set of offset bushings.