What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
So ends my riding week.

The di2 made an early start to the long weekend. I'm assuming a plug came off the junction. That or the battery's fucked.

Either way the battery and junction sit in the down tube, roughly between the T and the BB and not having the right tool I can't remove the BB to get to them.

Going in to town tomorrow to buy carbon assembly paste, and to see one of the stores I build for and ask to borrow their tool. Then depending on the length of the wires, that battery is going in the seat post.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Might be a different battery for the seat tube ?

The right tool to get that BB out is a hammer and piece of dowel.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Might be a different battery for the seat tube ?

The right tool to get that BB out is a hammer and piece of dowel.
The battery has two foam rings around it to cushion it against the frame, and they're a perfect interference fit inside the seat post.

As for the hammer and dowel, you're probably right, but after a fairly hefty work week I wasn't in a state to pull that off with out damage. Once it's out the Wheels Mfg BB I picked up the other day is going in.

Elpho

Likes Bikes
I've got one on the Pikes I was using on my Honzo. If you want a cool self demonstration; put 20PSI in the fork, wind it out all the way anti-clockwise and then punch the fork into it's bottom out bumper. Then wind it clockwise and try doing it again.
Tried that before I went for a ride this morning, is insane how much of a difference it makes. Went for a quick ride to test it out this morning, bit of bike path, rough old fire road, and little bit of single track and it has completely changed the way the fork feels, heaps better small bump sensitivity but still progressive enough that it will use just about all the travel but not bottom out on bigger hits, and can probably still tweak the setup further yet. Super impressed with it!

Reactions: Zaf